Our Last Night

Nothing terrible happened last night, his dad was quiet and kept to himself most of dinner. Afterwards we walked around the down town area and went to a couple bars. His parents left, but the rest of us stayed out late and stumbled back into the beach house just before the sun came up.

We ended up sleeping in until nearly noon, when finally I roll over on top of him and kiss him all over until he slowly opens his eyes "The best way to wake up" he says and wraps his arms around me.

"Happy Thanksgiving" I say and he smiles so bright.

"Happy Thanksgiving Say, you're easily the thing I'm most grateful for" my heart flutters as I planted a gentle kiss on his soft lips.

We both roll out of bed and I run a comb through my hair and braid it, before following him down stairs. There's already a lunch spread on the table, so I grab a plate and begin piling food on it. Greyson makes us some coffee and I look out to the beach and see his brothers, Ivy and their mom relaxing in the sand.

"Wasting your last day I see" a stern voice says behind me and Greyson immediately responds.

"The perfect day to waste" he says sarcastically and his dad shakes his head.

"I assume back at school you're actually on a schedule with practice on and off the ice?" I take a seat outside and give them their privacy, because by their tones I can tell it's not a conversation I want to be a part of.

"I do, but since I'm on break and all I thought it would be nice to enjoy myself"

I look back and see them staring at each other fiercely "She better not get in the way of what you've been working for. A pretty face only gets you so far" my jaw drops.

"Don't speak about her like that. She is more than a pretty face, and you would know that if you took the time to get to know her" he slams his mug on the counter.

"How dare you speak to like that, son. I'm only look out for YOUR best interest. We all get fooled by girls like that and sway off track or they trick us by trapping us in. Don't be a fool, I raised you better than that" before Greyson can respond his dad walks off.

I hear Greyson let out a sigh, he piles food onto his food and steps outside "You heard that?" He asks and takes a seat across from me.

"It was kind of hard not to..." he looks up at me with sympathy in his eyes.

"He's a bastard and has no idea what he's talking about. Don't let his words get to you"

"They don't, I know he's a cold hearted prick. I just feel bad for you guys" I nod out to where his brother's and mom are.

"She knew who he was when she married him and got pregnant. She saw the way he treated us growing up and allowed him to treat her like shit. She may be kind and loving, but she's weak. She never stood up for any of us" the resentment is clear in his tone.

"I'm sorry Grey"

"They fought him tooth and nail, until he respected them. It's different with me, the more I push the less respect I get. He's an asshole" I see the pain and disappointment in his blue eyes.

"I love you, and you are so brilliant and an amazing hockey player Greyson. You work harder then anyone I know and you're an amazing leader/captain. He's an absolute moron for not showing how proud he is" he sees the fire in my eyes and smiles.

"Thank you Princess" the mood lightens as we sip our coffees and eat our breakfast.

I decide to rinse our dishes off in the sink while he heads upstairs to change. I'm right behind him and he helps tie my suit, today I went with a emerald green triangle bikini. He grabs us towels and we head down stairs. He walks out to the beach and I turn back to grab a bottle of champagne and a couple glasses.