Hospital

I hear beeping all around my as my eyes flicker open. I sit up and look around, I'm at the hospital. Confusion hits me almost as bad as this head ache and as I try to call out for someone, my voices is too scratchy "Saylor!" I hear Lo's voice and she rushes over to my side.

"I had to tell them I was your sister in order to let me back here. I didn't want you to be alone" she says with sadness in her eyes.

"Water" I mumble as she reaches for my cup.

I use the straw to take a gulp and instantly my throat starts to feel better "What happened?" She holds onto my hand and lightly squeezes it.

"You were in an accident Say...some driver ran a red light and t-boned your Uber" my eyes widen in absolute horror and shock.

"The baby... oh my god is she okay?" My hands go to my stomach immediately.

"She's fine, you and the baby are okay. You don't have any serious injured thank god. Just some cuts and bruises" I feel relieved and look around the room.

"Greyson...where's Greyson?!" That's when I see it in her eyes but I refuse to believe it "Lo where is he?" Tears stream down her cheeks.

"Saylor, he was banged up pretty badly. They had to rush him into surgery and... he...he didn't make it" everything freezes, and I feel like I'm going to pass out.

Tears fall down my cheeks and I don't even know what to say. This feels like some terrible dream, or a nightmare. All of my worst fears happening... how can he be gone? We're having a baby, we have plans for the future... we talked about getting married.

I'm staring straight ahead as all of these memories flood through me, he can't be gone "Saylor? Saylor?!" Lo says in a panic.

"He can't be gone Lo, he can't be..." she leans in and hugs me tight.

I lose it, I fall apart in her arms and feel every piece of me completely shatter into s million pieces. How do I survive this kind of pain? What do you do when you lose the one you can't live without? A loud sob falls from my mouth as she holds me. My entire world has fallen apart and I still have a baby to think about.

"Where is she?!" An angry voice in the hallway shouts and I hear nurses calling after them. A minute later Asher rushes through the door.

"Saylor" he says and his voice cracks as he comes over to me, Lo pulls away and I look up into his eyes.

"We lost him" is all I say as his eyes fill with tears. Kallan and Matt rush in behind him and the second they see me, everyone falls apart.

It wasn't supposed to be this way, this is not how it ends. The championship is this weekend and they were going to kick Yale's ass, then a scout would see Greyson and he would get an offer into the NHL when he graduates. Everything was planned out, then baby girl and I would move with him and we would be a family, the three of us.

I look over at Lo "Do our parents know?" She nods.

"They're all flying out tomorrow morning" I nod because I don't even know what to say or how to feel. Emotions feel so distant right now and all I want to do is sleep.

The nurse comes in and makes everyone step back while she changes a couple of my bandaged and checks my vitals. Not long after a doctor comes in and explains everything to me, I stare at him and barely hear a thing. My mind is blank, and all I want to do is cuddle into Greyson's arms one last time.

What kind of cruel world is this? How is it possible that I'll never get to feel his warm, plump lips against mine or his strong arms wrapped around me.  I'll never get to look into his turquoise eyes and tell him how much I love him. We won't build any new memories together, so I have to hold onto the ones I have.