Chapter 2: The Arrival

Day 1

"Escape this!" Espresso creates coffee magic that durianeers are forcefully pulled back from the coffee magic and explode.

Onion is scared at the number of durianeers and she immediately cries, creating a strong knockback from the durians.

"I need a drink!" Vampire turns into a bat, sucks the lifespan of the durianeers, and immediately heals himself and the team.

"Jump!" Tiger Lily rides her butter tiger and attacks the durianeers with no problem to spare.

"A fragrant night." Lilac gives much support to his team to increase their damage and quickly attacks the durianeers using his chakrams.

With no time to spare, they immediately defeat the durianeers who are fleeing away from the island and off to their ship. Espresso and his team arrive on the sandy beach, Onion can't help but smile in enjoyment.

"It is a pretty beach, Espresso," Onion cheerfully said while holding her doll.

"Man it looks sunny today," Vampire said as he covered his face from the sun.

Espresso looks at Vampire Cookie as he drinks his wine glass. "I was wondering, shouldn't you turn to crumble dust during daytime since you are a vampire?" Espresso asked.

Vampire shrugs and explains that Alchemist creates a potion that can make him stay in the sunlight, and Alchemist adds any kind of potions in his bag. Vampire grabs a vial from his bag and drinks a potion.

"So that is why his bag is heavy, it is filled with potions." Espresso's thoughts and is a good thing he didn't carelessly handle the bag. Espresso looks around and Tiger Lily immediately prepares camp with help of her butter tiger.

"Wow, you did it quickly," Vampire floated around the camp and lay down in the beach hammock. He eventually fell asleep.

"Always learn for survival, that's how Tiger Lily survives in the jungle with my animal friends including Tiger Lily's tiger!" Tiger Lily smiles as she rubs her butter tiger.

Espresso picks up Onion Cookie and puts her in the sand. "Now you could play in the sand while I am heading for the ingredients needed."

Onion smiled and nodded as she created a sandcastle.

"Before you leave, can I have a question?" Lilac asked which Espresso politely accepted. "Why did you pick this island?"

Espresso raised his eyebrow. "To grab ingredients I need for the research. I already mentioned my reason for being here," Espresso said.

"I know, but why this island? Is your ingredient really available only on this island?"

"Yes, it is the only island with the ingredients needed. In fact, this is my first time on this island."

"So you're saying that there's 100 or whatever chance that your precious ingredient isn't here?" The vampire has his right eye open as he talks.

"Well I did read in the book about this island," Espresso said as he showed the book to them. "The ingredient that I'm finding is a rare coffee bean that was rumored to be planted here by a coffee cookie settler named Bean Settler Cookie. Some cookies avoid going to this island because of many suspicious happenings like how cookies woke up with no memory and how the cookies change. Even if they avoid it, some cookies try to find the rare coffee bean but no luck."

"And yet we are here to find a coffee bean that no one can find," Tiger Lily said as she rode her butter tiger around Espresso.

Espresso opens the book. "Well, I always thought it was nothing but a legend until one of my old schoolmates came back from this island and found a rare coffee bean. With our help, that coffee bean helped me and Latte improve our coffee magic. This is why I want to look at the rare coffee bean and the possibility of planting my own coffee bean."