Chapter 14: Strawberry Jam

Warning: This chapter contains violence and blood.

Day 5

"I'm sorry, what?" Onion Cookie asked while she and Poison Mushroom Cookie are walking from the room after listening to Poison Mushroom Cookie. They just woke up in the early morning and ate their breakfast. They are walking to the main room where the giant tree is located.

"Think about it? Would it be amazing to take a look on the top of that giant tree," Poison Mushroom said with a weird grin to persuade Onion Cookie to come along so they can get the mirror which they assume is located. "With your newfound powers, we can get in."

Onion Cookie blinked many times and hugged her doll tightly with a frown. "I don't know, I don't want to upset Red Settler Cookie and Bean Settler Cookie for entering without their permission."

"Onion Cookie...I know you are afraid of ghosts..." Poison Mushroom Cookie responded.

"Oh no, it isn't that. Seeing them made me afraid of ghosts at least, I guess it is a sign that I am growing up and being braver," Onion Cookie said with a huge smile. This upsets Poison Mushroom Cookie more the more they hear it. "Because I don't find them scary, I consider them like guardians and I don't want to upset them for taking care of us these past days."

Poison Mushroom Cookie secretly admits that they find them great caregivers but they see much as Onion Cookie because of how they didn't bother to help Onion Cookie on being alive. "Kind of think about it? They have the mirror to grant wishes yet they didn't bother to grant themselves a wish to be alive." They thought.

Onion Cookie frowns as she uses her powers to make her doll float. "Not to mention, I just unlocked this power and I am not sure I can control it, especially what happened yesterday. We would almost die if the settlers didn't help us in time," she said with a worried face. "So until I practice my powers, I wouldn't be using my powers for anything like going up to the tree."

"What is this about going up the tree?" Red Settler Cookie asked who appeared along with Bean Settler Cookie.

"AHHHH!" Onion Cookie and Poison Mushroom Cookie hugged each other as they were surprised to see the settler cookies appear out of nowhere.

"Oh my, we're sorry for scaring you. Sometimes we forget we don't usually have cookies around," Bean Settler Cookie said as he scratched his head.

"My apologies for scaring children, it seems you all look rested and ate your food but what is this about going up the tree?" Red Settler Cookie asked after hearing what they said.

Poison Mushroom Cookie sweats as they didn't want them to know that they are planning to get the mirror to grant a wish for Onion Cookie to be alive. "Well...you...see..."

"Poison Mushroom Cookie is curious about what the top is and wanted me to use my powers, but I refused since my powers are still new," Onion Cookie explained with a frightened tone.

"ONION!?" Poison Mushroom can't believe Onion Cookie revealed the plan. "Oh Dark Enchantress Cookie, now I wouldn't get on top with them knowing." They thought.

Red Settler Cookie looks at them and laughs. "Why didn't you just say so?"

"Huh?" Onion Cookie and Poison Mushroom Cookie react at the same time. Even Bean Settler Cookie was caught on guard..

"Wait? You're actually serious?" Bean Settler Cookie almost dropped his wooden staff but luckily grabbed it. "I mean, I thought you wouldn't take them because that is where the mirror is placed."

"Your judgment is correct but if we keep an eye on them, there wouldn't be any trouble at all," Red Settler Cookie said with a smile. Her hand has a red aura and one of the large branches came down. "Now hop on this giant branch."