Chapter 10: Lies And Broken Trust

They open the door and reveal it to be just a small room with a small orb in the center surrounded by sofas. Compared to the other rooms they have been through, this is the smallest part of the cave so far, especially when the door is right in front of them.

Licorice immediately went to the door to open it, but it was locked. "It's locked. I can't get through!"

Red Velvet pushes Licorice away and uses his cake arm to open the door but stops when he realizes it is indeed locked. "You're right, it was locked," Red Velvet said as he uses his cake arm to smash the door, but it is too indestructible to be broken.

"It is no surprise why it is locked because like the other rooms, this is one challenge we have to take," Espresso said as he looked around.

"Oh, is it the sleeping challenge? There are sofas here!" Vampire smiles as he lays down on one of the sofas.

"We already did that in the last room, you drunken vampire." Pomegranate is annoyed to see Vampire laying down on the sofas.

Vampire smiles and he just waves at everyone as he awaits what challenges they face, Dark Choco notices his hand is shaking which Vampire immediately puts his hand back. Dark Choco couldn't forget that moment when Vampire tried to bite his sword, honestly, he didn't care much about the sword but it might lead to dangerous results if he ever succeeded.

As everyone keeps talking about what the room is, the green light from the orb appears and everyone tries to cover their eyes because of the sudden light. They slowly uncovered their eyes when they heard an unfamiliar voice to everyone but Onion and Poison Mushroom. "Welcome challengers, I am the orb and like the previous rooms, this is another challenge you all must take."

Poison Mushroom and Onion look at each other as they recognize the voice to be Red Settler Cookie.

"YOU!? You must be the one who trapped us here!?" Red Velvet clenches his teeth as he goes to the orb and tries to shake it but no luck. "SHOW US THE EXIT OR I WILL BREAK THE ORB!"

"There is no need to break the orb and even if you try it is indestructible. I also recall that you guys trapped yourself but enough with that. To leave this room, you must take on this challenge," the orb said which everyone prepared to listen. "This challenge is Truth-&-Punishment in which each player holds the orb and has the question revealed in which everyone must tell the truth. Failed to tell the truth and everyone will be punished until someone who lies tells the truth to end the punishment. This will show how the truth can hurt but knowing well the lie is revealed will hurt more and those who lie will reveal." The orb explained before it stopped glowing.

Everyone looked at each other in confusion. "What does the orb mean 'those who lie will reveal'?"

"We are not even in a life-and-death situation and I am already hating this challenge," Licorice said with an annoyed look.

Most of the cookies agree that they already hated this challenge and the only ones who didn't agree are Poison Mushroom Cookie and Tiger Lily Cookie

"What's wrong with revealing secrets?" Tiger Lily said as she tilted her head and shrugged as she was confused as to why everyone thinks this challenge isn't good.

"No one wants to share their secrets to strangers that might lead to distrust and an opportunity to use against," Pomegranate said as she hated this challenge. She would consider this opportunity to learn about them but having to reveal her secrets is something she didn't want everyone to know.

"She's right...didn't expect to agree with her. Although she probably uses this advantage," Lilac said while Pomegranate glared at him. "We don't want to reveal our secrets to the cookies we are not even close to, especially those who are on different sides."