Chapter 18: Home

"Is this some kind of illusion or what?" Bean Settler Cookie is in disbelief that what he saw is Red Settler Cookie who was just taken away.

"No, your friend is really here," Espresso Cookie responded with a worried look. "While that fight happened, Licorice Cookie gave me the ball and released her from it during that time."

"He's right, I am here...no need to cry," Red Settler Cookie gave a bittersweet smile at him. Both the Settler Cookies stare at each other and both remember the times when they first met as they started out their adventures to explore and help cookies even during the final years.

Bean Settler Cookie's eyes filled with tears of joy as he quickly hugged Red Settler Cookie. "Red! I am sorry for nothing protecting you and I am sorry that I entered that state!"

"There there, my friend," Red Settler Cookie patted his back to help him calm down. "You don't have to worry about that, I am here and I am safe. Please don't cry..."

Onion Cookie smiles that they are alright as she quickly hugs them. "I am worried that you guys are gone and I am deeply sorry for what I did back then, but I am happy you guys are back," Onion Cookie bitterly smiles at them.

Blackberry Cookie and Adventurer Cookie just stand there and smile to see three ghosts hugging each other despite not knowing what happened. Espresso Cookie just walks near them and he was taken by surprise as Latte Cookie hugged him. "Don't leave us again, we just got you!" Latte Cookie tearfully cries at him.

"Latte Cookie?" Espresso Cookie mumbled as he saw Latte Cookie looking worried after everything they had and she didn't want to lose Espresso Cookie again. Espresso Cookie looked around and saw Madeleine Cookie being treated by Herb Cookie and Sparkling Cookie. "Madeleine Cookie are you alright?!" Espresso Cookie asked with a worried look.

Madeleine Cookie laughs it off. "I am fine, Espresso Cookie. Nothing to wo- OW!" Madeleine Cookie tries to move but he is still in pain from the consequence he got.

Espresso Cookie looks at him having to suffer because of that wish and he rubs his arm in guilt. "This is my fault, you got injured because of my injury and everything else. I had stayed away from this island, nothing should have happened and-"

"Hey hey, it's fine. I don't care about it, what worries me the most is that you might have died down there and I can't let that happen?" Madeleine Cookie smiles as he holds his arms.

"But still...it is still my fault, I saw how many cookies here suffer mostly from the cookies I brought along with me. Days like this, makes me want to relax from all this," Espresso Cookie closed his eyes as he sighs.

Madeleine Cookie frowns as he looks sad. "If you want to relax, then we can use that time to spend time together like going to the beach or resort."

"Resort!?" Espresso Cookie is a bit surprised and blushes. "I don't have the money for some resort."

"Don't worry, I will pay for it for you, and hey! Latte Cookie wants to come with us!" Madeleine Cookie smiles at Latte Cookie with a brave look.

Latte Cookie giggles and shakes her head. "No thanks, I still have things to do back in the academy and I think you two should spend time together."

"Wait!? Us!? Alone!?" Espresso Cookie blushed at what he just heard.

"Great!" Madeleine Cookie held Espresso Cookie by the shoulder with a smile. "Both of us are gonna have a vacation together!"

Espresso Cookie blushed and wants to deny the offer but he can't help but be mesmerized by his idea...not to mention he is already exhausted and would deny the offer of rest as someone who is a workaholic would do.