Chapter 6: Night Falls

As time passed, they camped out in the same location filled with Pomegranate trees as the light went down that fit the nighttime of earth bread. Both teams are separate from one another as despite their truce, they still don't trust each other. Through, they shared the same campfire prepared by Dark Choco Cookie.

Tiger Lily prepared jelly steaks to cook up in the campfire. Espresso grabs one of the jelly steaks and gives it Onion Cookie. "I don't think you have eaten yet, Onion."

Onion nods and is about to eat the cooked jelly steak but Licorice immediately grabs it and eats it. Onion cried that her steak was taken but Licorice scoffed her off telling her she doesn't need it. Onion continues crying while Espresso glares at Licorice while she gives her another steak.

Lilac ate his steak and felt that someone was staring at him. He looked and saw Pomegranate staring at him. He looks away and prevents himself from being seen. Espresso noticed Lilac. "What's up with you and Pomegranate?"

Lilac shrugs. "I don't know, this is the first time I met her but one thing for sure is that I should keep my distance. I can tell she is dangerous to be with from that laugh and that evil glare of hers which shows trouble." Lilac took a bite of his steak.

Espresso stares at Pomegranate who eventually focuses on eating her food. Espresso signs that he agrees with Lilac especially when Espresso encountered Pomegranate many times before and has seen firsthand what she can do. Yet Espresso was confused on why Pomegranate didn't approach him this time? The way he sees Pomegranate trying to approach Lilac made him guess that she will do the same.

"What about you and Licorice?" Espresso looks at Lilac who is asking a question.

Espresso silently sips his drink and is hesitant to answer but decides to give in. "We were classmates back in Parfadia Institute, our relationship is intense, to say the least."

"Licker boy seems to have a grudge against you," Tiger Lily said as she chow down a jellysteak.

Vampire drinks his wine with a smile on his face. "Tell me the gossip, it feels like he hates what you did. It sounded juicy like you ruined his magic or he was humiliated by you."

"Not my fault for what happened, he should have known about it and yet he did it," Espresso crossed his arms as he was irritated about Licorice but he eventually frowned. "I am surprised that he works with the Cookie of Darkness, I can't help but feel hurt even when he was expelled." Lilac noticed the last statement in Espresso's words.

"There's another thing about Licorice, I don't get why he is mad at me. We're enemies but I barely know much about him and even rarely interact yet he has gone hostile towards me," Lilac explained. "All I know is that it has something to do with Pomegranate but I don't want her near me."

"Licorice seems to mean to me, though I get why since I am the reason we are and I am sorry," Onion said as she sobs.

"Come on little Onion, it is not your fault," Tiger Lily said to comfort Onion Cookie as she pats her back. "None of this would have happened if it hadn't been for that Licker boy."

"Yeah, it is not your fault that you left the camp and end up in the Cookie of Darkness' clutches that ultimately led to my demise of that hybrid and got us into the cave in the first place," Vampire said with a huge smile on his face but the way he said made Onion cried that she felt at fault for this.

Onion was hugged by Tiger Lily who she, Lilac, and Espresso glared at him for saying that. Vampire uncomfortable laughs at what he said and even apologizes to Onion but eventually, he turns serious as he sips his wine. "Honestly, I find them a couple of dorks. I beat the scar cookie and the reaper with no sweat if it hadn't been for the hybrid." Vampire puts his bandage on his bruised face from Red Velvet's punches.