Chapter 13: Discovery

A few hours ago on Day 4

While Espresso's team and the Cooke of Darkness are still stuck on the island, we return to the mainland in the kingdom. Madeleine recovered from his sickness and was eating in the diner after Twizzly Gummy Cookie gave him donuts. She looks annoyed being here and after she leaves, Madeleine stares at how the cookies are doing. Madeleine is glad he recovered but he was bored especially since Espresso still hasn't come back yet.

Madeleine learns that Snow Sugar, Almond, and Latte aren't with him when they visit him at his home. So instead of them, Espresso quickly got Tiger Lily, Onion, Vampire, and Lilac in his expedition team, Madeleine thinks of them as being an unlikely team especially when he rarely sees them interact. Twizzly Gummy Cookie arrived to give him his coffee and immediately left, Madeleine stares at his coffee and frowns as the coffee reminds him of Espresso.

He was getting bored every day that he wished he wasn't sick that day so that he can help out Espresso, but suddenly a shadow appear, and as he look up it appears to be Princess Cookie.

Madeleine quickly stands up and bows down. "Your majesty, it is good to see you. How may I help you?"

Princess Cookie giggles. "You don't need to be polite, we are in the kingdom and I prefer to be treated equally. And well, I do want to ask you something," she said as she handed open the scroll and began to speak. "I am meeting with Pure Vanilla Cookie in the Vanilla kingdom for us to get to know each other and he also agrees to bring guests along. I don't know anyone who isn't busy this day and seeing you aren't busy, I figure I should invite you.

"Pure Vanilla Cookie?" Madeleine mumbled as he forgot the whole reason he and Espresso left the Republic is to know more about the soul jams and Pure Vanilla is connected to this. He smiles as he bows down to the princess. "I am honored to accept your invitation, now when and where would we start."

Princess Cookie claps in delight. "I am happy you accept it, we are leaving at the next hour. Meet up at the Hot Air Balloon area, so pack up quickly."

"It will be my duty, princess," Madeleine smiles as he finished what he ate and quickly left the diner.

Madeleine quickly pack up his things as the hour passed, he finally arrived and he was surprised to see Princess with Adventurer, Alchemist, and a cookie who seems familiar to Madeleine carrying their own bags. "I know there's gonna be more guests, but never expected them to be your choice."

Adventurer shrugs with a smile. "The Vanilla kingdom is a well-known lost kingdom being found, and I will learn more about this kingdom as an adventurer."

"You're right about that, Pure Vanilla Cookie used to study in Blueberry Yogurt Academy and I want to ask him a number of questions about his experiments. Not to mention the grand library that I am curious to read about," Alchemist Cookie smiled as she excitedly went to the Vanilla Kingdom.

Madeleine stares at the cookie with bun hair and plain clothes. "And who are you, young lady?"

The cookie looked shocked with a grump look as she stared at Madeleine Cookie. "Don't you recognize me?"

Madeleine began to process and realize who she is. "Oh Divine, Pastry Cookie. That's you, I never expected you to be here...and with that look."

Pastry Cookie nervously sweats. "Well, I am curious about the Vanilla Kingdom and decided to join in. Also, I don't have to wear my work attire everywhere I go."

"Well, it is nice to wear something new. But you could have told me that you are going, what if I didn't accept the invite while you went on your own?" Madeleine said as he was worried about her.