From me to you

'Who was it?' Apple Jack asks, coming down to the door.

'Nobody' I say in a panic

Apple Jack looks down at my hands.

'Nobody? Then where'd the flowers come from?' she asks, smiling and raising and eyebrow at me.

'I meant it was just a delivery man' I say, realising I had been caught out on my lie.

'They're a gift from my grandma' I continue, trying to reduce suspicion.

If Apple Jack knew what that note said she would personally escort me everywhere with a fully loaded shotgun.

'How lovely' she says, wrapping her arm around my shoulder and ushering me back inside.

A few days pass and the words of the note are starting to keep me up at night, for some reason they continuously echo in my mind.

The words, 'We're watching you', spinning round inside your head, making me so dizzy I could puke from motion sickness.

Usually I would try to not let things like this get to me, brushing it off as just a prank, but nobody I know would have any motive to play a joke as peculiar as this one. What scares me more is that the note was delivered to my house, in a bouquet of my favorite flowers, giving me reason to suspect that the note may not just be some sadistic lie.

The more days went by however, the more I forgot that I ever received the note in the first place.

The air was getting warmer and the the days were getting longer as April became May meaning, it was nearly Apple Jack's birthday.

She's turning 18 this year and so I wanted to throw her a surprise birthday party.

I gather up my friends after school one day and start to congregate ideas, making sure to get the approval of Pinkie, who threw the best parties anyone could dream of.

'Ok everyone, we need to decide on a time, place, number of guests and theme' I say decisively.

'This needs to be the most spectacular party AJ has ever been to' I continue.

We spend the rest of the evening chatting and collecting ideas. Until we came up with the perfect plan.