The Perfect Place to Party.

Finally we settled on the perfect theme.

Space cowboys

We wanted something that fit Applejack to a tea which is why we chose a western theme but I wanted something a little more special, that I could design fabulous outfits for and space cowboys seemed to match that perfectly.

Next we needed to find a location.

All of AJ's other parties had been held at Sweet Apple Acres and trying to decide whether or not to stick with tradition or try something more special was going to be difficult.

It was time to bring in my secret weapon, the best party planner of all time, Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie and I spent the whole day scouring everywhere in town for the perfect location but, we had virtually no success. It was completely dark outside by the time we gave up. Our bodies ached and we trudged back to my house, exhausted and frustrated at the fact we were no closer to finding the perfect place to hold AJ's party. We were almost home, stumbling along with my stilettos in my hand, blisters on my feet from running around all day. Then, we noticed a figure sitting in the park, blue, purple and pink hair cascading over the back of the old oak bench.

They see me approaching.

'Rarity! what are you doing out at this time?' The figure asks.

'I could say the same to you, Twilight.'

'Just enjoying the scenery,' she beams, tilting her head upwards.

Then it clicked. I had been so exhausted, that I hadn't even noticed the sky was aglow with the most incandescent stars I'd ever laid eyes on.

Twilight looks back at me, and suddenly her eyes widen. I turn around quickly, trying to figure out what happened.

Twilight's cheeks turn crimson as Pinkie comes out from behind me, perching herself on the bench next to Twilight.

'Beautiful isn't it' Twilight says, looking at the sky.

'It really is' Pinkie says, looking at Twilight.

I step back awkwardly, trying to let them have their moment.

'Nights like this remind me of when I lived in Canterlot,' Twilight says, 'I used to gaze at the stars every time there was a clear night, in the royal observatory'.

My mind lights up.

'The observatory of course!'