Chapter 14

A/N: Wow...this one was an interesting one to write. I personally love it, but I want to know what you guys think. comment what you think please, it means so much to hear from my readers. All the love, as always xx

~L

________________________

Louis POV:

We spent all night in the hospital. Liam was being kept overnight, and even though we weren't allowed in to see him, Niall would not leave the waiting room. So Harry and I stayed with him. He obviously wanted to be left alone, which left me to sit next to Harry.

In the end, I fell asleep and woke up with my head snuggled into Harry's chest and his arm around me. I don't know how that happened, but I wasn't complaining. On the contrary, my heart was pounding and my cheeks were flushed. Harry stirred next to me and looked down through his messy curls.

“Morning Lou...did we stay here all night?” I simply nodded, not trusting my voice to work. Harry noticed our position and whipped his arm off me, mumbling an apology and looking away, red faced. I looked around and saw Niall slumped in a chair, his mouth hanging open.

“What do you think is going on with them?” I asked, trying to make light of the awkward situation. Harry just shook his head.

“If I didn't know better, I would say that they were-”

“Liam Payne. Anyone out here for Liam Payne?” A voice called, and Niall woke up abruptly, falling on the floor in his haste to stand up.

“Yeah...me...Niall Horan...thank you so much.” he said quickly, still groggy with sleep, and he stumbled behind the nurse as she lead him into the hallway. I stood and stretched, offering my hand to Harry. He took it hesitantly and I pulled him up. Our hands stayed in each others longer than necessary, and I blushed lightly before taking my hand away.

God, Tomlinson, stop being so obvious!

“Umm...we should...you know, school...yeah...” Harry stuttered, and I nodded. We walked out to the parking lot and got into his car. The ride was silent, and we didn't say a word to each other as we walked into school together. I could feel eyes following Harry as we walked to his locker, and he kept his head down, his face obscured by his rumpled curls. I could still see the outline of a bruise on his jaw and around his eye, and that made me think of Nick. What had happened in Coach's office after the game?

The bell rang and I jumped. I hadn't realized that we were so late. I said a hurried goodbye to Harry, promising him that I would see him at lunch, and dashed off to class, my mind on Nick and Liam and Niall and Harry.

When lunch rolled around, I completely forgot about meeting Harry, and instead found myself going to meet Zayn. I didn't even know if he was in school, but I knew that if he was, he would be where we normally meet. I hurried through the halls and slipped into the choral room. Zayn was nowhere to be found. Normally I could find him at the piano, playing something that he composed himself. He wasn't the fastest composer, but he was extremely good, and I loved hearing him play. I sat down at the piano and lifted the key cover, running my fingers over the ivory keys. It had been several days...maybe just one song...

It was several minutes before I came back to my senses and remembered Harry. He was probably looking for me, or he was in a practice room. I really hoped for the second one, because I wanted to hear him sing again. I peered carefully out into the hallway, and, finding it empty, emerged into it. No one could know that I came here. It was a secret only Zayn knew, and that's because he was the same as me...a boy with something to hide. Sure enough I heard a soft, deep voice coming from a practice room, and I moved closer to listen.