Chapter 35

A/N: This right here is a chapter lol. It does a bit of POV change near the end, so pay attention to who is speaking. Also...i had plans that involved a certain character, and I will not change them now, but just to let you know, he will be in this story, despite how pissed off I am at him in real life. All the love, as always xx

~L

__________________

Louis POV:

The week was horrible. Not only could I not sleep because I kept thinking about Harry all the time, but I was losing my voice. All of that crying had finally caught up with my throat, and I was not appreciating it, considering I was supposed to sing to Harry for this plan. I also kept getting distracted in footie, because I would try to pass to Harry and he wouldn't look at me, and I'd be too busy trying to get him to notice that I'd lose the ball. Coach was not happy, even if he did know (now that I had told him) what was going on. And on top of all that, the doctor insisted that I wear my hand in a sling when I played so it would stay close to my body and not jolt around.

I had been practicing with Niall and Liam every single day before school. We did it before school because Niall and Liam didn't want Harry to catch on to what they were helping me with. So they ate lunch with him and walked him home after practice every day. I just stayed out of the way. The few times he even so much as looked at me, he just looked horribly depressed. I noticed that his skin was extremely pale and he looked like he hadn't gotten any sleep, or eaten much for that matter. And all I felt was horrible guilt.

"One more day and you'll have him back," Liam said confidently as we were packing up our stuff on Thursday morning.

"Liam, you can't know that. I'm not even sure if this is going to work. Has he said anything to you?" I asked, trying not to sound like I was too interested. Liam bit his lip.

"Umm, no actually. He hasn't spoken a word to either of us. He apparently talks to his mom, and his sister, but he won't talk to us. I think he's afraid that if he talks to us we will bring you up, and I don't think he can deal with that yet."

I hung my head, shoving papers in my bag. Niall came over and patted my shoulder comfortingly.

"Look, I know you're feeling guilty. And you should be, because you really fucked up. But this is going to work. I promise."

I just nodded and hurried for the door.

"Don't forget to go over to his house today and get permission from his mum. We will keep him busy." Liam called after me, and my heart clenched at the mere thought. In order to make this plan work, it had to be at Harry's house, because there he would feel safe enough to react appropriately, and he wouldn't think that I was doing to get attention, which would most likely be the case if I did it in school. Then again, Anne might drag me into the house and murder me, but that was beside the point.

I hurried to my locker and shoved all of that music stuff away, pulling out more music stuff, and then I sprinted for the music room again. I had to get there before Harry got to his locker, or there would be a problem. I spotted Harry's curly head coming down the hallway, and I dove into a crowd, pushing my way through until I was safely inside the classroom. I couldn't look him in the face without wanting to hurt myself even more than I already had. And I was supposed to go through with this plan? I wouldn't make it through the first song without crying. But...I wanted him back more than I wanted to hide my emotions, and with that, I sat down to put the final touches on my project.