Chapter 32

Harry POV:

The rest of the weekend was pretty normal for me. I went home after the movie, but not before Louis kissed me goodbye in his room, which then turned into a make out session. I couldn't get used to the feeling of Louis kissing me, of his hands roaming my body and touching me. But I did have to go, and I spent the rest of the weekend texting Louis and finishing up my homework. I also had to start cleaning, because my sister was coming home this week. Her school had a break for a good three weeks, and she wanted to spend time with me and see us play in the National Championship game, assuming we got in. On Sunday, the boys came over for a lads' day, and we spent the day pigging out and playing video games. We did it in couples, and while Niall and Liam were playing, Louis and I would sneak kisses behind their backs.

When I got to school on Monday, I was greeted with a sneaky kiss from my boyfriend, and from there my day just kept getting better. I went to my first class and got an A on my exam. I then saw Louis in the hallway and he winked at me, the sneaky bastard. He looked really good today, and I almost ran into the wall because I was staring at him. I was so far gone for him. I then had people coming up to me, people I had never spoken to in my life, and telling me how they thought I was great at footie and thanking me for getting rid of Nick. I inwardly flinched every time they mentioned his name, but I smiled on the outside. Never before had people been this nice to me, and it felt good to not be afraid to walk down the hallways alone.

I got out of my last class before lunch a little late. I had to stay back to talk to my teacher about a school project that I had missed out on while I was absent. I hurried to my locker, intending to meet Louis, Niall, Liam, and the rest of the team, downstairs for lunch. But I heard it again. Just as I was putting my books away, I heard the faint sound of a piano being played. I hadn't heard it in ages, since before the incident. I walked into the music hallway, listening. Whomever it was, they were playing a new song, and it was beautiful. I felt like I had heard the song somewhere before, but I couldn't place it. And how could I have heard it, if he had never played it before? I found myself sitting down against the wall and listening, taking in every note and every phrase. It was amazing work.

My eyes shot open and I leaped to my feet, my hands shaking slightly. I had felt something...that feeling deep in my stomach that I got whenever I saw Louis in the hallway...love. Affection.

No. This wasn't possible. I was just in love with the music. Who wouldn't be, it was perfect! I shook myself and hurried to the cafeteria, running through the line and settling at the footie table. As soon as I got there, I realized that my best friends and my boyfriend were nowhere to be seen.

"Guys...where's Louis? And Niall and Liam?" I asked the others curiously, but they all shook their heads, muttering about not knowing, and then just going back to their food. I sat down slowly, taking a bite of my food. They had promised to be here...so where the hell were they? They were never late. Maybe they just got held back by a teacher or something? I didn't want to think too much on it.

I waited the rest of lunch, but they never showed up. I had texted all three of them, but none of them had answered, and it made me feel weird. Almost like I wasn't good enough for them or something. I knew that that wasn't true at all, but it still was a lingering thought in the back of my mind as I headed off to afternoon classes a little early.

I rounded the corner and ran right into the three of them, who were hurrying in the other direction.

"Oh...hey guys...w-where were you at lunch?" I asked as they steadied themselves. Louis looked almost panicked for a moment before his face smoothed over into his usual cheeky grin.