Chapter 15!

Mei’s POV

I drove Yuzu home the next morning and she barely opened her mouth to talk. I couldn't see the smile on her face. It's painful to see her like this.

And she didn't eat well neither. I often see her doing something with her cellphone, probably trying to reach her mother on the phone but doesn't she like staying with me?

The thoughts became paralyzing me. My parents were out of town and it was only me and Yuzu at home and I arranged a guest room for her to sleep, so that she doesn’t feel awkward to be around me.

It was already dark and I must literally compel Yuzu to eat. I have to know who did this to her but also, I knew that talking about this now would be so sensitive to Yuzu. I must wait until she comes to trust me and tells me everything.

After dinner, I got her into bed. I changed into a night dress and popped into her room. She was watching television and I sat beside her. I was looking at her and I overheard her mumbling, "stop looking at me like that". I couldn't stop smiling. I went up to her and kissed her forehead and said, "Good night, Yuzu. I'll be right next door. You can find me there if you need anything”.

She smiled at me and went back to watching television. I left her room, although I want to stay and hug her in bed.

That was about midnight. I awoke as I heard a scream. I ran into Yuzu's bedroom to see her screaming in her bed, "Stay away from me". She was in tears. It tore my heart out.

I approached her and, without hesitating, I held her in my arms: It's okay, Yuzu. I am here”. I was happy when she calmed down from my hug and pressed my back so that she would never leave me.

I loved her grip, but I can't hang around like this, can I? I just got out of her grip and lifted her chin up and said, "Is it okay if I sleep with you?".

******To be continued******