Chapter 28!

Mei's POV

I'm waiting for Billy to come over. I remember the year I helped him.
It's been three years, the reason the family made me leave here.

******Flashback******

"Who's the girl who plays football? She's so beautiful," I told my friends.

"Don't dare look at the others," my girlfriend Sara slapped me in the arm.

"Oh darling, no one can replace you," I smiled at her.

"So, are you still going to race against Brian" took a look at my girlfriend looking for my response.
I've been involved with street racing for over a year and no one has challenged me as Brian has. Brian was in the gangster's family where his dad worked for the Aihara family. But, Brian doesn't know I'm Aihara, so he often fights with me at my school and I don't like him a bit.

"Of course dear," I told Sara but there was no smile in her face. Sara was my girlfriend for two months and I felt like I was hooked on her. I felt as if I couldn't live without her.

Today was race day. Sara gave me something to drink before the race, telling me that it would keep me hydrated. I took it and here I am early in the race.

"Hey, sweetie, you'll regret this," Brian spat against me. I just gave him a laugh as I have never lost any of the match. I dominated the race from the beginning, but suddenly I began to feel dizzy and as I approached the finish line, I skidded and fell.

Looks like Brian won the race and somebody started hitting me. To my surprise, that was Sara.
"You bitch, how dare you race with my boyfriend ",  she was kicking me again.
"You thought,  I'd love you, it's all a game and you know I won't the bet by making you love me", she was kicking me still and in few minutes, Brian joined in kicking me.

After a few minutes, it was dark and I woke up in hospital after a few hours. Billy was the one who helped me at the hospital, and then I asked Grandpa to help me with a case where he was involved with the police. Due to my grandfather's involvement, he was sooner out of the case and from that time he use to take care of me as his own daughter and also he started working for my family.

I went into panic attacks as I was betrayed by Sara and I started getting drunk every day seeing Brian and Sara together every day. My father chose to take me somewhere else. After a few days when we were in the United States, we heard that grandfather often gets sick and he wants us to be near him.

****End of Flashback*****

In the U.S., I started going to soccer where I was the lead player, because I devoted myself and trained my body to forget everything.  I wanted to join soccer when I first got here, but seeing Brian again, I didn't want to get involved again since I saw him on the men's soccer team.

But, this girl, Yuzu, made me feel alive again. I started falling in love with her and my heart started beating on her again. This time, I can't lose to Brian. Whatever it is, she is mine and mine alone.

I heard a bell sound that broke my thoughts.  I opened the door to see Billy having my favorite ice cream in his hand saying, Little girl, you have grown so much! "   

   ****to be continued*****