Part 64- Cooking for 10.

Zoe’s POV.
It’s been a month since Alex died. We’ve told everyone, but the fans. The plan is to tell them before we go to Australia, then the funeral afterwards. I want the invite to be to anyone who knew him… even the fans. Alfie doesn’t like the idea, but our fans meant a lot to him, and it’s important. I’m sure they wouldn't want pictures or whatever, because it’s a hard time for us. We’re still trying to get over it, but we’re fine. The next few months are packed for Alfie and I… which is good because it will take our minds off everything. We’ve got Tan and Jim’s wedding next week in Australia, and when we come back we’ll have the funeral for Alex. Then Alfie’s book comes out, and a week later my beauty range comes out. After that, we’re going on holiday with Tan, Jim, Katy, Marcus, Niomi, and and Sam. And I believe, Marcus is proposing to Niomi. We’ll have a month break, then my book will come out. It’s going to take our minds of everything, and once we have no plans… we’ll be over it. Not that I’ll ever forget, but we need to move on and pretend nothing happened.

My thoughts are interrupted by Alfie… once again.

“Hello little one. What are you thinking about?” He asks softly, and kisses my fore head.

“Our plans for the next month or two.”

“Yeah, we’re busy aren’t we?”

“Yep. Alfie?”

“Yes.”

“When do you think we’ll get married?”

“I think we should do it next year. Do you want a summer wedding?”

“What do you want?”

“Well, we should definitely avoid doing it here. It wont be the happiest place for it. Maybe over in the US, or even in Cannes where we went when I proposed.” (I actually think he proposed in Italy… but hey… let’s just pretend.)

“Oh my god Alfie. Your an absolute genius. We should do it in Cannes. It’s perfect, because you proposed there!”

“Extra fiancé points for Alfie Deyes!”

“Come here!” I said pulling him in for a hug. He pulled me on top of him, so I was straddling his hips. I leaned forward and kissed him.

“You know what we haven't done in a while?” He asks with a suspicious smirk.

“We cant do that here gorgeous.” I giggle.

“I can carry you into the bedroom now that you’ve lost your bump and your not so heavy.”

“Hey! I wasn't that heavy. And no… I invited your parents round for dinner.”

“Anyone else?”

“Yeah! Marcus, Niomi, Tan, Jim, Joe, and he’s bringing a girl… Weirdly.”

“Oh, yeah. It’s 4th of July. I’m going to tickle you instead then.”

“No way!” I say trying to leave the hug. He begins to tickle me, and I scream in laughter.

“STOPP!!!!” I yell still squirming around. I hear Sam laughing. She’s never done that before.

“Alfie. Did you hear that? It was like a little baby laugh!”

“Are you sure?” He said releasing me. I ran over to the crib where she’s lying there. She has her summer/floral dress on, and a cute little hair bow. She blends in with her Cath Kidston bed sheets. And funny enough, her smile is as big as mine, and giggles are coming out of her small mouth.

“Hello Samantha. Are you laughing?” I say pulling the biggest smile. She begins to giggle, and I join her.

“Look at you 2 gorgeous girls.” Alfie sighs. He wraps his arms around me, as I pick Sam up. We just stand there talking to Samantha, making her smile, and giggle. It’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen in my life.

“Can you say mama?” I ask. She makes noises, as if she’s trying to say it.. but doesn't quite say it.

“Don't worry Zo. She’ll say it eventually.” He smiles. I put her back down, and start setting up for dinner.

“Do you need any help Zoe?!” Alfie shouts from the couch. He’s done nothing all day. Just on his laptop, watching videos… being unproductive. I swear I’ll kill him when I get the chance.

“Oh your actually asking?” I ask madly.

“Calm down Zoe.”

“Well I’m the one making dinner, and trying my best here. And your just lazing about. Your not even editing. That would make a difference.”

“Little one. What’s got to you?”

“Why do you care?”

“ZOE!” He says as I storm upstairs. God I wish he would be more of a help. I climb into bed, and fall asleep to the sound of the rain outside… patting on the roof, and rolling down onto the window.

Alfie’s POV.
I understand why Zoe’s mad, but it’s not that big of a deal. We could order take out for dinner, and my parents wouldn't care. Fine. I’ll impress her. Since it’s 4.30 and they’ll be here at 5.00…I’ll make it. I continue to boil the soup that she’s already started. Now that that’s done, I’ll make the main course. I was thinking a turkey, but that’s a lot to handle on my own. Risotto sounds good. I begin to boil the risotto pasta, and find a packet way in the back of the shelf. Mushroom? Sounds fancy.

I add that to the risotto, and stir it for a while. I feel like Jamie Oliver… but I’m far from that. I take the soup off the heat, and put it in enough bowls for 10 people and set it aside.

After the starter and main course is ready, I begin the dessert. Now. I’m not a baker, nor a cook. So I’m going to cheat on this part. I grab the house keys, my phone and head out to the nearest Tesco. Once I’m there, I go to the pre made section of cakes and right in my face there is a 4th of July themed cake. It has the American flag on it out of fondant, and looks perfect. I grab that, purchase it, and head back. I set that in the fridge, and take out our finest plates, and finest cutlery. I make it look as nice as possible, and it looked that good I snapped a picture. I then took out the box of decorations and hung red, white, and blue balloons. I made the dining room look super American, and headed upstairs.

“Zoe?” I said as I knocked on our bedroom door.

“What do you want Alfie?”

“You need to let me in because it’s my bedroom too.”

“Well you don't do things to deserve it.”

“What type of things?”

“Like do dad like stuff. Cook food, clean the house.”

“I’m sorry. And everyone will be here soon and you’ve not finished dinner.” I lied. She unlocked the door, and stormed downstairs. I ran down after her to see the reaction on her face. She entered the dining room, and her mouth dropped to her feet.

“Oh my gosh Alfie. Did you do this?” She asked surprised.

“Yeah, but I didn't cook dinner. This is all I could manage.” I lied again. She ran over to me, and hugged me like a teddy bear.

“I love you.” She said, nudging her head into my chest. She let go and walked into the kitchen.

“No way!” She yelled with excitment.

“Yes way!” I replied. She ran towards me, and jumped into my arms.

“I cant believe you did this.” She said. “Your the—” DING DONG. Shit. They’re here already.

“Zoe, it’s okay. Just go get changed, and i’ll get them to do something.” I said. She ran up to the bedroom, and I ran to the door.

“Welcome ya’ll!” I said in an american accent. Tan, Jim, Marcus, Niomi, Joe, and an unfamiliar looking girl entered the room. Everyone was here but my parents.

“Hey, would you all make yourself at home. I need to get changed, and Zoe should be down soon. I’d get you to play with Samantha, but she has to transition to American too.”
—————————
Yay! I finally updated. I've got off to a good start again! I'm thinking i'll end this story soon, but start a sequel. I don't know what you think about that, but it would just continue a few years later. I might start the new one after the wedding, but let me know if that would be easier, or worse. Hope you like the long kind of chapter, and i'll update hopefully more often. xx :)