Chapter 1: (y/n) Age 6

Shanks POV:

~Buzzzz~

What the hell is going on? What's that noise? Oh, that must be the apartment doorbell system. Damn it. I was having a good nap too. Who the hell is annoying me on a Saturday? It's my day off. Supposed to be anyway.

I open my eyes to see my daughter (y/n), laying on top of me, and our cats running around in a panic from the sudden noise. We must have fallen asleep watching tv. Again.

~Buzzzz~

I remove my legs that were laying flat out on the coffee table and plant my feet on the ground. Wrapping my arm around (y/n), I stand up slowly trying not to wake her up. It proves a little more difficult than I thought, as I was still half asleep myself.

I stumble my way to the buzzer by the front door of my apartment. Was I supposed to be meeting someone? No. Only three people know I live here, and none of them go out of their way to see us. What is going on?

I finally get to the speaker and press the button, speaking into it.

"What do you want?" I ask before quickly removing my finger from the button.

"That's not a way to greet someone. Please don't teach (y/n) to act like that." It's Mihawk. I can tell by his voice and the fact that he's on my ass about how to raise my own child.

"Don't worry, she's asleep anyway. What's wrong Mihawk?" The worry inside of me is slowly but surely growing.

"Just let me in. I need a favor." I press the button to release the door and let him inside the building. It will take a few minutes for him to make his way to my door as I live in the unit at the end of the hall on the top floor. I decide to get drinks ready for us as I wait.

Mihawk needs a favor? What in hell is going on? Wait... Maybe I can use this to get something in return later on.

A smile grows on my face as I think of all the ways I can use this to my advantage. The uneasy feeling not going away though.

I struggle to pour out our drinks one-handed, but somehow manage it, and all without waking up (y/n).

Eventually, I hear a knock on the door. I quickly jog over and open it, only to see exactly what the favor was right away.

Standing right next to Mihawk was a young boy who was tall for his age. He was pale and wore a button-down shirt with shorts. The most notable thing was his hat. It was mushroom-shaped, white with black spots. His eyes, they have seen shit they shouldn't have.

"It's 4 o'clock in the evening. Why are you guys still in your pajamas?" Mihawk criticized.

"It's the weekend. Loosen up."

He gives me a death glare. Note taken. Now's not the time to mess around.

I moved out of the way and directed them inside. The young boy had a backpack and a tall sword about the height of Mihawk and me with him, but that was it.

"Y'all can have a seat on the couch. Mihawk, I have a drink poured for you. You want anything Lanky?" I asked as they walked into the apartment.

I closed the door and noticed the young boy facing me.

"Were you talking to me?" He asked with no emotion.

"Yes. You can have anything you want."

"I don't want anything, but thank you." He turned around and followed Mihawk to the living room as I went into the kitchen. I grabbed our glasses with one hand and joined them. They were sitting next to each other on one of the couches. The boy kept his backpack on and sword in hand.