Chapter 4: Intruders

Two weeks later:

Luffy and his brothers are supposed to be moving in tomorrow. Law keeps calling them the 'intruders'. I bet it's gonna be a circus. I sat at my desk drawing with Oden on my lap.

It's getting pretty late and I have work early tomorrow. I should get ready for bed.

I carefully removed Oden from my lap and placed him on my bed before opening my door to see the bathroom is occupied. Still? How long does he take to shit?

I walk up to the door and start banging on it.

"How long do you need to shit for? Other people need to use the bathroom too."

"Jesus (y/n). You scared the shit out of me." Shanks said.

"At least you're on the toilet already. Can you hurry up?"

"Use a different bathroom."

"My toothbrush is in there though."

"Just come in and grab it then. The doors unlocked." Why doesn't he lock the damn door? I mean, I can't really complain about that right now.

I opened the door and a horrendous smell hit me instantly causing me to gag. Shanks started laughing so hard that he was coughing vigorously. I held my breath and grabbed my stuff before walking out, leaving the door wide open.

"Hey. (y/n) come back and close the damn door. Please." He shouted.

"No. Maybe this will teach you to not take so long. Plus you have your own bathroom"

"Yea I know. I just love annoying you too much." He laughed.

I made my way to the kitchen and brushed my teeth in the sink trying to be quiet.

Law's work schedule is all over the place. He had to work from 4 am to 4 pm today. He came home and fell asleep right away. Tomorrow he starts work at 10 am. I could never do that.

I pull myself out of my thoughts and rinse the toothpaste from my mouth. I head back to the bathroom to put my stuff back and see Shanks still sitting on the toilet. We make eye contact and I give him a disappointed look.

"Leave me alone." He said. I put my stuff in its right spots and turned the lights off on him. "Oh come on."

"Good night Dad." I say as I open my bedroom door.

"Yea, yea. Goodnight." A smile grows on my face and I close my door. I turn my light off and crawl into bed next to Oden.

——————————————————————————

I turn the water off and step out of the shower while wrapping my towel around my torso.

Oden is lying inside the sink but stands up when I approach him.

"Hi, buddy." I say petting him. "I know. You miss Roger. I miss him too." He just meowed while pushing his head into my stomach.

I moved him out of the way so that I could brush my teeth. I'm so tired. I didn't sleep well last night. Normally the shower would have woken me up, but sadly not today.

My mind just wouldn't stop. I kept thinking about what Luffy and his brothers were like. Were they gonna make fun of me? Were they nice? And to make matters worse, we don't know when they are supposed to be showing up.

I grabbed my toothbrush, put toothpaste on it, and started brushing my teeth. Oden laid himself down beside the sink on the counter and watched me.

As I brushed, my eyes ran over the exposed parts of my body in the mirror, especially my arms. Watching as they jiggled. I came out of my haze and spat out the toothpaste before I rinsed my mouth. I unwrapped my towel and continued to examine the rest of my body.