Ruby

Shadow had twenty captures but there was probably more that they doesn't know about. Those twenty kids could have been at Eastriver. Ruby could have met them. She could have kept them safe but she was stuck at the League and rendered utterly useless.

Despite the rude awakening that morning, the rest of the day was normal and that felt wrong. She felt useless and guilty. Knowing her own worth didn't help when she knew how many lives she could have saved. She was an Orange, that made her powerful and feared. Why not use that power for something important like making sure that this bounty hunter was disposed of!

But there was nothing she could do unless she wanted to disobey orders and risk her position in the League that let her know when things like this were going on. There was nothings she could do.

There was nothing she could do and that sucked. For someone so powerful, she we powerless.

She was powerless as long as she followed the rules.

—————————————————————-

Juno and Ob were horrified when she told them, but they understood the League's actions. They didn't like them and thought that they could do something but the League's goal was to protect the kids in their care and work to change the system for the better. That didn't entail hunting a bounty hunter.

"If I was to go after this hunter, hypothetically or course, what would you do?" They all knew that it was not "hypothetical" but they answered anyway.

"Probably help you or at least cover for you. Not sure how but I would." Was Ob's answer.

"Same. Though I'm more inclined to come with you to throw a tree in the face of that motherfucker." Ob and Ruby stared at her mouths open. "What?"

"Not used to you swearing." Juno just laughed.

"In all seriousness, we can't go after Shadow. It's not safe or allowed." Ruby nodded but it also wasn't safe to have them just roaming around. They were good at their job, maybe it was time for her to be good at her's too.

Little short but I posted. I'll try to make the next ones longer.