Ruby

The doors opened to reveal a large green space of trees and grass. Her face lit up as she glimpsed the outside life. The garden was where a lot of food was grown and also where training games took place, weather premited. Ther was trees, a green house, and a large green field. She hadn't been out here in a couple of weeks and was grateful to see the sun again.

"Hey y'all" a happy voice rang. A short girl in a black tank top and blue skirt ran up to them.

"Hi JJ" Ob called. Ruby simply waved at her friend in greeting.

"Did you hear about Jim and Matt?" She asked.

"If it's the fact that they're dating, the yep." Ob answered. Their friend looked dissapointed. "I'm friends with Matt remember. He told me. It's not much of a secret."

"Plus-" Ruby continud,"- it's rude to gossip about others and their love lives."

Ob looked triumphantly at their firnds. The stuck out their hand. "Good game, Juno" She took it.

"Good game." she said, a smile appearing on her face. The two further dissolved into a duo of giggling schoolchildren.

Ruby smiled softly at her friends, quietly thanking the multiverse fo the opprotunity to know them.

"But in all seriousness it isn't a nice to gossip." Ob stated.

Juno shrugged, "I know. Force of habit, sorry. I'm working on it." Her face flashed with guilt and regret. 

The three spent the rest of the break in the garden, swing from trees, laughing, and laying in the sun.  After an hour, Juno's clothes had massive grass stains and she was having a fit about how long it would take to wash them all out. Ob had laughed at her for a while until she started sobbing over the amount if time and energy it would take. After that they were very sweet and gentle with their friend.

Once again Ruby felt a small smile tug on her lips at their effortless interactions. Then Juno asked a 'simple' question; "Anyone want to play 'truth or dare'?"