[Chapter 7]

Heyyy yooooo!!! Anyone still remembers the PP story I started back in Sept 2017 (no titles just stylized as [Chapter 1] [Chapter 2] etc...) and struggled to write it? The one where Gino has an adoptive little sis and she hooks up with Kogami?

Story/character information:

Year: 2121 (starts before Akane Tsunemori's arrival)
Name: (f/n) Masaoka
Age: 25
Occupation: Inspector at Division 2
Place of work: MWPSB - CID
Personal background: Nobuchika Ginoza's adopted sister; Tomomi Masaoka's step-daughter and proudly wearing stepfather's last name. She has a great relationship with her adoptive-father, which cannot be said about her relationship with Ginoza. She went to the same school with Kogami and Gino. She now lives with Gino to save some money up in a two-bedroom apartment.

I bring you the final chapters! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't face Gino when I got home and for a good while we kept interacting to a minimum. He just saw me in my bra! Urgh!
I also kept postponing talking to, or even running into, Kogami for as long as I could. I was very upset that he would ditch me that night and not look for me on his own since.
It was the worst thing I could have done.
"Are you okay, princess?" -dad asked me. I was in his dorm, painting. He had a large vase with different flowers arranged for us to paint. I painted withered flowers.
"Yeah..." -I shrugged.
"Is it by any chance..." -he tried to suggest Kogami but I didn't even want to hear his name.
"I don't know, dad!" -I huffed a little harsher than I intended.
"Maybe, just maybe, you should pay more attention to your Psycho-Pass instead. You don't wanna end up like me."

Listening to his advice, I checked my Psycho-Pass. It was cloudy, with a higher-than-average Crime Coefficient.
I booked myself to get checked by an in-house doctor.
"Here's some medication." -he handed me a container. "Two weeks, twice a day."
"Is that the only answer?" -I asked.
"You need a healthy hue."
"But..."
"Talks and therapy won't help you."
"So just numb whatever the hell I feel?" -I scoffed. "That's Sybil's great idea?!"
"I'll see you back in two weeks."
I snatched the container and put it in my jacket's pocket.
What does he know? What does anyone know anyway?!
As I walked the corridor with my head down, I bumped into someone.
"Shit, sorry..." -I continued to walk.
"(f/n)?"
I could recognize this voice by a mile!
"Kogami...?" -I looked up.
There he was, in his signature parka, hands in his pocket, soft smile and steel-like eyes. My knees went weak!
"W-what are you doing here?" -I stuttered.
"Pops mentioned you'd be here. Are you okay?"
I clenched the container in my pocket.
"Yeah." -I nodded.
"And are you done avoiding me?" -he leaned a little closer. I could feel my heart skip a beat. I nodded with tinted cheeks. "Then let's have lunch at mine."

Turns out Kagari made too much curry last night and handed some of it to Kogami, my dad, Kunizuka and Shion.
I took off my jacket and headed to the kitchen to help Kogami prepare us lunch. In silence.
"Are you not going to talk to me?" -Kogami sighed.
"About?"
"I'm not stupid. I know you've been avoiding me since our risky little encounter when Gino barged in on us."
"Okay, then let's talk about it!" -my cheeks were fully red, and my heart was racing. Here it goes! I was mad. "You hid and let me take the heat. You weren't even looking for me since then!"
"You would have welcomed me saying 'I'm sorry I was a coward; I didn't want you to deal with Gino because of me'? Would Gino ever let go a scene like that, by the way?"
"You never showed up..."
"I showed up today" -he stepped closer to me. "I was worried about you." -he put his hand on my cheek. "I thought you're done with me."
"I just..." -I clenching onto his shirt. I could feel myself getting lost in his eyes. I could not resist him, and I did not want to fight. "Don't ever leave me in doubts like this!"
"I promise!" -he said and kissed me.
I missed this. I missed his touch, his kiss... I missed him!

We started dating again. I knew it was us against the world. But I was happy! And I also noticed something. Within a few days being with Kogami, my Psycho-Pass started to clear on its own, without medication.
Everyone kept saying to keep away from him for my own good, when in fact the opposite was true!
I had to go back to the doctor in two weeks, who confirmed I'm fine and fit for work and I no longer need medication. Kogami was the only medication I needed!

On the other side. I had a massive fallout with Gino.
He saw the doctor's report about my Psycho-Pass. I was just coming home after hanging out with Shion, when I found my brother in a sour mode.
"Is it passed my curfew?" -I asked with a little chuckle. I was in a good mood, but not for too long.
"What is this?" – he showed me the report. "You needed medication for you Psycho-Pass?"
"How did you..." -my jaw dropped.
It was confidential information, between doctor and patient!
"Kasei got the report as your Crime Coefficient was so high, the Board had to review whether you're fit to be an Inspector or not!"
"But... that was two weeks ago."
"She didn't tell me until you got better. What were you thinking, (f/n)? Are you gonna hang out with those damn hunting dogs until you finally succeed and become one of them?!"
"That's not it..."
"What's next?!" -Gino wouldn't listen. As per usual. "You're throwing your life away! I'm just grateful those pills helped you this time."
"Those pills?" -I burst out laughing.
"What are you laughing about?" -he was taken aback.
"You're such an idiot!" -I searched for my jacket I had on two weeks ago. I found the container with all my pills still inside. I banged it on the table. "There's 28 pills in there. Count them if you like. I took none of it and I got better!"
"What...?"
"It's thanks to Kogami! I'm in love with him."
There you go – I thought to myself. Now you know the facts!
"Are you completely out of your mind?!"
"And guess what?! We make love because we love each other!"
"Stop it!"
"Love, love, love, love, love, love, love!"
I was repeating this word like an angry little toddler, until Gino stood up and disappeared in his room.
Good. -I thought. I don't need you, asshole!
With this pent-up anger I headed back to headquarters. To see Kogami.
"(f/n)?" -he opened the door a little surprised. "What are you doing here?" -it was quite late, and I have the early shift in the morning, so we decided not to hang out tonight. But things have changed.
I didn't even respond just hugged him and kissed him.
"Mm... I have company" -he broke free and kissed my forehead instead.
"Don't mind me!" -Kagari waved at me from the couch, but he didn't care. He was deeply focused on his game.
"Should I...?" I tried to pull away. I really should have given him a heads up before coming over.
"Stay!" -Kogami pulled me close. "I can tell Gino's giving you a hard time."
He knows me too well.
I didn't want to tell him. Partly because I admitted to my brother that I love Kogami before I even told him. Do I love him? I mean I guess what I feel qualifies as love. But he doesn't know. Should he know? Is it too soon? He already knows I have feelings for him but ...
Urgh!!

Thoughts were racing in my head as I sat next to Kogami silently.
Kagari suddenly felt like a third wheel and decided to leave.
"Will you tell me now?" -Kogami looked at me caressing my shoulder.
"I told Gino that I ....er... we....er...." -I couldn't.
"That we're together?"
"Don't be mad!" -I blushed.
"I'm sure he'll beat my balls tomorrow." -he chuckled. "Is that all?"
"I also told him that...I er.... in love with you." -I bit my lower lips. Kogami took a deep breath. "I get it, it was too soon, I never should have said anything!" -I stood up ready to leave.
Kogami grabbed my arm and pulled me on his lap.
"You're the sweetest girl I know (f/n)." -he gave me a little kiss on my lips. "I don't want you second guessing my feelings."
"Are you...?"
"Not yet." -he smiled. "It is too soon. But I am heels over head."
"Good enough." -I said with a tint of disappointment.
"I don't wanna lie to you, okay?" -Kogami cupped my chin. "I haven't felt this good in a very long time."
I smiled. Of course, I wanted him to say back he's in love with me. However, I was also glad he didn't try and string me along with sweet nothings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone enjoys it? Good! :) stay tuned for a final chapter!!