[Chapter 5]

Good evening, my dear reader-chan! :) I'm really sorry but adulthood is slowly catching up with me, hence the delay in bringing a new chapter. 

Enjoy! xx

--------------

Days passed by. Kogami was let out of hospital. I was still on leave, but I was recovering quickly according to my doctors. I was at home and played mostly video games that Kagari lent me. Funny enough, I kept playing those first shooter games.

"Again?!"-Gino chuckled behind me. He got home from his morning shift. Ever since this new girl joined them, he was home a lot more time. It was unusual. But perhaps I've been home all the time and that's why I could notice a little thing like that.

"What?" -I asked without looking up. "It's the last stage!... DIE!" -I shouted at the screen.

“If this won’t affect your Psycho Pass…†-Gino sighed.

He was ever so worried.

I was still smitten with Kogami. Yet, I had no idea how to interpret this man, who was once my brother's best friend, with whom we shared Sunday lunches... Maybe he was in fact a latent criminal, no more. I shouldn't be able to figure him or his actions out. If I were able to understand him, it would mean the end of my career.

The man on the screen exploded and his blood splattered.

"That's disgusting." -Gino sat next to me and adjusted his glasses.

"Erm... we work with Dominators. Just saying, bro."

"Who would invent games like that?"

"I think it's vintage from the 21st century." -I yawned. "Anyways, I need to return them to Kagari."

"Can you do it on your own?"

"Sure." -I smiled.

I took a shower and got fresh bandage on. Two shot wounds. How cool is that?

Gino, however, wouldn't share the same thought with me. He was worried about me going back to work. I could die on the field. But most criminals don't run around with loaded guns. And the System is there to protect its citizens -including me.

I arrived to headquarters shortly. It was a quiet Sunday afternoon.

I had a box full of video games. I hope my doctor wouldn't consider this as heavy lifting or vigorous workout. My body still wasn't ready for those.

I knocked on Kagari's door with my foot.

"Hey!" -he shouted then opened the door for me. "(f/n)-chan? Why are you kicking my door?" -he raised an eyebrow.

"I got your video games!" -I grinned.

"Ah, thanks... but you could have still knocked." -he rolled his eyes at me.

"You know, I could knock you unconscious. Would that count?"

"Those games turned you violent, (f/n)-chan." -he laughed, opening the door wider. "How are you feeling?"

"I should be back to work any day now." -I nodded and placed the box with his belongings on his desk. "How's Division 1 doing?"
"You mean everyone or Ko?" -Kagari walked back to the kitchen. He was cooking something, that smelled so nice. If it tastes half as good as it smells...

"Well..." -I blushed. "He is part of Division 1..."

"He went on a fieldtrip with Akane-chan the other day."

"F-Fieldtrip?" -I stuttered. "Why?"

"They went to see this artist, which actually helped us with this case..."

"Why?"

Why was my voice suddenly high pitched? And why was I unable to whine out anything else apart from why? I felt my cheeks flush with blood.

"I don't know the details." -Kagari shrugged. "He's off duty now... (f/n)-chan!"

Once Kagari informed me about Kogami's whereabout, I couldn't hold myself back.

I needed to talk to him.

What the hell is he thinking?

Going on trips with a newbie?! He's gonna ruin her Psycho Pass!

But was I really worried about Akane Tsunemori's hue?

I sighed. Of course, not. I was completely smitten with Kogami.

Before I knocked on his door I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

"Inspector...?" -Kogami opened the door, surprised.

"Got a minute?" -I asked and made my way in.

I could feel my heart in my throat. I was so nervous. But I can't hold my emotions back anymore. He needs to know!

"Okay." -he shrugged and closed the door behind me. He made his way to the kitchen and lit a cigarette. "Are you feeling better?" -he asked as he took a long drag.

"Yeah." -I nodded. I have to ask him - I reminded myself. Now. "Why would you go on a fieldtrip with Akane Tsunemori?!" -I said.

"What?"

"Kagari told me." -I scoffed. There was no going back. "You know, you're keeping me away from you, because it's dangerous for my career... but Akane is also an Inspector! You can't have a relationship with her either!"

"You sound jealous."

His cool tone hurt me. His grey orbs were fixated on me, but I couldn't tell whether he was happy or sad. He seemed...neutral. It was hurtful.

I blushed at his sentence and dropped my eyes, but continued.

"You can't even see what's in front of you, can you, Hound 3?" -I felt my voice break. "I clearly have feelings for you." -I whispered as some tears rolled down my cheeks.

Even though it was out in the open how I felt, he'd do nothing.

It was unrequited love. -I thought to myself, ready to leave.

As I put my hand on the doorknob, I felt Kogami's hand on my wrist. He spun me around and kissed me gently. It was a short kiss, but it made me speechless.

"You fooled me, (f/n)!" -he smiled.

"W-what... what do you mean?" -I wiped my face.

"I had no idea you wanted anything to do with a hunting dog, like me."

"I thought you wanted nothing to do with an Inspector..."

"Did it ever occur to you, that the only reason I kept my distance was because I cared for you?"

"No..." -I sniffed with a nervous chuckle. "I guess you had me fooled, too." -I slowly put my hands around his neck.

He gave me a reassuring smile and kissed me once more.

This time, I kissed back.

I knew we'd regret this once, but it wasn't the time to think about regrets...

-------------------------------

That's it for now! :) I know, it is a little short, but it's sweet ^^ and a little bit dangerous....
Thank you for reading! Until next time ... ;)