[Chapter 4]

It's time for Chapter 4! :D Mild language and a Season 1 Episode 1 spoiler ahead! 

Enjoy!
PS: thumbs up to owner of this pic, I own nothing! Smokin' Ko is smokin' hot... P:

x

---------------------------

I slowly opened my eyes. It was all bright and white.

What is it?

Am I in Heaven? When did I die?

What happened...Ouch!

I tried to sit up but I couldn't. The sharp pain in my stomach wouldn't allow my body to sit up straight.

That was my only clue that I wasn't dead.

Suddenly, I saw faces around me: a kind female nurse, Gino, dad and Aoyanagi. But I didn't see Kogami.

"Where's...?" -I started looking around, but the nurse stopped me.

"Please, stop moving! We removed two bullets from your stomach. You were lucky."
"Huh?"

"Your subordinate did a great job, Inspector Masaoka." -she said. I smiled at her. Kogami saved me? But where is he? "Are you in a lot of pain?" -she asked and I nodded. "Now, I need to confirm some personal information with you. Is that OK?"

"Yeah.." -I hissed.

Replying to her questions, while under pain, wasn't easy. Mainly, she just wanted to see how conscious of the situation I was. I had to confirm my name, address, work place and my present relatives.

After that, I received a dose of strong painkillers.

"She'll be asleep soon." -the nurse said to my visitors and they all started to leave.

I felt like dreaming.

"Kogami.. "-I muttered and closed my eyes. I could feel a pair of lips touching mine.

Is this a dream? Is this reality...

---NO POV---

Kogami slipped in (f/n)'s room beside the nurse.

"Excuse me, but she needs to rest!" -she yelled at the Enforcer. "Please, leave immediately!"

"Kogami..." -she muttered his name weakly.

"You'll be fine, Inspector." -Kogami smiled over his friend. "I'm sorry..." -Kogami leaned in and kissed her pale lips. She was already asleep.

Kogami knew that she wouldn't remember this kiss, but he couldn't contain himself. He's been nothing but worried over the past couple of hours. While she was in surgery, he cursed himself for choosing combat over being a shield for (f/n). He had to kiss her. As a form of apology? Or a form of affection? 

"That's it, stop molesting that patient!" -the nurse clapped her hands together.

"Geez, I bet you wish I was molesting you!" -Kogami snapped back at the nurse, causing her face to flush in all shades of red.

She followed Kogami out of the room and closed the door behind them.

It wasn't just the nurse whom saw that kiss.

Ginoza was standing in the corridor, witnessing everything through the glass wall.

He was disgusted by the thought of Enforcers, yet he had to watch her former best friend kissing his sister.

"You, bastard!" -Gino pulled Kogami by his parka. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

"Calm down, Gino!" -Kogami got rid of the hands pulling him.