.:Kogami x Abused!Reader x Ginoza:.(One-Shot)

Before you dirty weebs get any ideas... no, it is not a threesome :D
Kogami has a gut feeling that there is something wrong with (f/n) and he joins forces with Ginoza to reveal the truth to this.
It is a little dark, PG13 and seriosuly, if you don't know about Kogami's past (spoiler alert) by now... just watch til S1E6 to make sure you're covered ;)

PS: this reader is NOT related in any way to the previous one - completely separate character
Enjoy! x

-------------------------------

It was a new day at the MWPSB for Division One.
Their new Inspector (f/n)(l/n) started just a couple of weeks ago, but she already had a lot of late mornings and sick days.
"Not again..." -Gino sighed as he looked at his e-mail. He stood up from his desk. "Inspector (l/n) won't be doing her shift today." -he informed the Enforcers in Division One.
"Again?" -Kagari huffed. "She's sick an awful lot, Ginoza-san."
"She's anaemic. But Sibyl believes she is right for this role, so there is no question about that."
"I'll do the double shift." -Kogami volunteered.
"The hell you are!" -his superior spat. "Kagari, you and Kunizuka are in til 8 pm tonight."
"But.... Ko-chan volunteers!" -Kagari shouted in protest.
"I don't wanna hear about it! This is an order!"
Gino started typing his report to Kasei about (f/n)'s sick day but Kogami came up to his desk.
"What now, Enforcer?"
"Aren't you worried about her?" -Kogami lowered his voice. Gino looked at his colleague.
"What on earth are you trying to imply?"
"It might be just a hunting dog's smell..."
"Stop that now..." -Gino was ready to explode. Hearing about 'intuitions' and 'hunting dog's smell' really angered him.
"It seems a lot like Aiko's case." -Kogami said it a little louder.

Aiko Nakamura was a school mate of Gino and Kogami when they were a couple of 9-year-olds.
The Sibyl System was just introduced, and it was full of flaws.
Aiko was always quiet and shy. She was always wearing long sleeved clothing even if it was 30 degrees outside. No one really knew why. She was out sick many days and she would ditch PE any time she could.
And one day, the children heard, she was beaten to death.
She was the victim of domestic violence.
Her father, as it became evident once it was too late, used to beat her for whatever reason. Since nobody reported him and the System was still too new, the man was never flagged for having a clouded hue. 

"She's our colleague, Gino. We can't..." -Kogami disrupted his friend's train of thought.
"Your shift is over, Enforcer." -Gino returned to his e-mail.
"Can't you pull your head out of your ass and see it for yourself?!"
"Out!"
"Shit..." -Kogami cursed under his breath.

He knew something was wrong. He could feel it. But as an Enforcer there was nothing he could do on his own.
He barged back in his dorm. However, there was one thing he could do. He called her.
(f/n) picked up quickly.
"Kogami-san? Hi!" -she greeted him with a tint of surprise in her voice.
"Are you feeling ok?"
"Yeah, I am." -she nodded. Her face was covered with massive sunglasses.
"What's with the big sunglasses?"
"Oh..." -she adjusted them a little. "I have... conjunctivitis."
Kogami felt she was lying. That hunting dog's smell. He could smell her bullshit.
She was either hiding her eyes because she was crying all night or because she had been in a fight. Either way, there was nothing for sure, it was all speculations.
She didn't complain to anyone. Ever.
"Oh, it's nasty." -Kogami played along. "Well, get better soon, Inspector. We miss you already!" – he forced a smile.
"Thank you, Enforcer Kogami!" -she nodded. "I will see you soon."

Kogami didn't let go of it.
He went to see Shion.
"Oh, what a lovely surprise." -Shion raised an eyebrow as the handsome Enforcer walked in. "What do you want, Ko? I heard Gino got pissed at you again..."
"I need you to do some research." -Kogami cut to the chase. "Our new Inspector..."
"The shy, quiet girl?"
"Yeah."
"Let's see..." -Shion started typing on her computer. "(F/n)(L/n), 22-years-old. She lives in Kita Ward with her boyfriend, Daisuke Ito, a 24-year-old construction worker... hm, he was flagged last week but he received treatment and his Psycho-Pass is back to normal. Sheesh, he lives on those drugs!" -Shion pulled up a new window on her screen. "He takes a monthly prescription within a week?!"
"Last week...?" -Kogami was searching in his mind. What happened last week? Was anything out of ordinary?
Shion pulled up the security camera footage the day after Daisuke was flagged.
(f/n) was wearing a long sleeve blazer and a scarf all day long. It was one of the hottest days in Japan's recent history.
"Ko, do you think...?" -Shion started to put the pieces together.
"She has to be a victim of domestic violence. It can't be all coincidence. The guy's Psycho-Pass won't change because of all the drugs he's taking."
"Shouldn't we involve Ginoza in all this?"
"Shouldn't involve me in what?" -Ginoza spoke from behind. "What the hell is going on?"
"Gino, she's in danger."
"You won't let this go?!"
"Shion agrees with me." -Kogami huffed.
"I don't give a rat's ass who agrees with you, Hound 3!"
"Gino, just look at what we've found!" -Shion tried now. "If she doesn't come in tomorrow..."
"Fine, I'll go visit her myself!" -Gino gave in all the bullying.
He knew well enough that he can't fight two Enforcers on his own. They knew better when a crime was taking place. It was their job after all. Besides, if Gino didn't give in, they would take this nonsense to Kasei and then Gino would be held responsible. His reputation, if nothing else, worth to check out his colleague's wellbeing.
Gino made a call to Aoyanagi to take care of his Division until he's back.

He arrived to (f/n)'s location quiet soon. There was hardly any traffic in midday.
A lady was leaving the building so Gino could slide in without (f/n)'s knowledge.
She lived on the 10th floor, apartment 58.
Gino knocked on the door.
With a little hesitation, (f/n) opened the door.
"Ginoza-san?" -she bowed. "I'm sorry I didn't come in today, I..."
"Are you feeling OK?" -Gino asked while making his way in. He was looking for clues. But the place was spotless. It was nice and clean. As if no crime would ever take place in this beautiful Kita Ward apartment.
She was watching some daytime TV Show about buying houses. Everything seemed normal. Too normal, in fact.
"Yeah, it's just conjunctivitis." -she nodded. "I have photophobia."
"Sorry to hear." -Gino shot a reassuring smile in her direction. He also took a closer look at her. The sunglasses made sense, as her eyes need as much rest from light as possible. However... "It doesn't really explain why you're all covered up." -she was wearing a turtleneck and long pants.
"That's my anaemia." -she bit her lips. "I'm always cold, Ginoza-san."
"Anyway..." -Gino scratched the back of his head. "We're hope to see you back soon."
She smiled at her supervisor and nodded.
Gino left the place and immediately called Kogami.
"It's clear."
"What do you mean it's clear?"
"Her place." -Gino continued. "There was nothing..."
"Too good to be true."
"It's fishy, I agree. I dropped a small, wireless camera just in case."
Kogami was impressed that Gino cared this much he'd break the law and invade their colleague's privacy like that.
"Until she's back in the office, we can keep an eye on her."
"Roger that." -Kogami logged off the call.