[Chapter 5] Solitude [Ginoza x Reader x Kogami]

Hello again! :)
WARNING: LOTS OF SEASON 1 SPOILERS AHEAD! :O
I have an awful internet connection -using public wifi is one of the worst decisions. But anyway, here we have Chapter 5. Of course, reader-chan was ought to stuck between two amazing men :P I couldn't upload pictures, but I hope the quality of this chapter is good enough. Enjoy! x

--------------------------------

Gino was right about catching a cold. I was sick!

He dropped by every day and took care of me the best way he could.

He even let me know that Daiki was allowed to go back instantly, because he responded so well to the treatment. At least the Enforcers won't feel lonely without me. I had to take a week off work. I was really sick with high fever and low energy and I couldn't even leave my bed.

After a week away from the office, it was good to be back. But there was no change in the helmet case.

And I started having nightmares. It was the same nightmare, over and over again.

I was reliving the moment Kogami shot my brother. Hiro's flesh and blood touching my skin. One of the nights, when it occurred, I was at Gino's.

My own scream woke both of us up.

"Shhs, calm down, (f/n)!" -Gino switched on the lights. "It was just a dream."

"Scan... me" -I panted. My eyes were watering and my whole body was trembling.

"Wha--? Why?" -he was confused.

"Please, scan me!" -I insisted.

"It's normal as always." -Gino looked at the holographic data with one eye open. The blue-green colour filled the dark bedroom, causing us both to adjust to it. "45...42...36... it's steadily dropping."

"Dammit!" -I cursed and left the bedroom.

I went to the kitchen to get some water.

Why am I not feeling anything?

"You know...." -Gino hugged me from behind. "There's nothing wrong keeping a healthy Psycho Pass." -I didn't say anything. I knew there must be something wrong with me. Or at least I thought so. This isn't normal. Even Tsunemori's Psycho Pass changed when she recalled the murder of her friend. "And my bed is really cold without you..." -Gino kissed the shell of my ear.

I need to be strong for Gino. -I thought. I can't let him down.

I turned around with a fake smile and kissed his lips.

If I do one wrong step, he'll end up as a latent criminal. I've been scanning myself to find out more about my Psycho Pass. When it didn't show any unusual data, I genuinely thought my scanner was broken. I started scanning others. Since Gino was usually around me, I scanned him one night, without his knowledge.

It worried me what I saw next. His Crime Coefficient was high at a 76 rate that night. He wouldn't tell me but something must have bothered him this entire time. Because of that tiny piece of information, I can't let myself bring any more stress into his life.

Gino kissed me back, gently pushing me against the kitchen counter.

"Let's go back to bed!" -I suggested, breaking the kiss for a moment, but holding onto his neck.

"I never fooled around in my kitchen." -Gino kissed my neck. That very sweet spot! I felt my knees giving up on me. He picked me up behind my knees and placed me on the counter.

This was going to be exciting!

I wrapped my legs around him, pulling him closer. I could feel him hardening...