[Chapter 8]

and now the final chapter! I apologize for any spelling errors and cringe fest. I'm a bit tired :(

WARNING MAJOR S1 (FINAL EPISODES) SPOILERS AHEAD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still kept my relationship with Kogami in secret, but I wouldn't shy away talking to him in the cafeteria or pop over to him after my shift ended.
We were always cuddly and kissy, even in the elevator when the doors opened... and my dad was there.
"I'll wait for the next one." -he said and did not enter.
Once the doors closed we burst out laughing.
"I hope he won't give me a lesson." -I snickered.
"I will definitely get one." -Kogami pulled me close. "But I don't mind."
I was lucky, dad never mentioned this to me or anyone.

And then one day everything collapsed.

Kogami left.
He left me nothing but a letter, explaining how he needs to go after Makishima on his own and he doesn't want to drag me down or risk my career and blah blah... I was shaking.
Of anger, hurt, hatred, love... everything.
"Masaoka-san?" -the office door opened.
It was Tsunemori Akane.
"Come in!" -I said, masking all my feelings in front of her.
"Is that a letter from Kogami-san?" -she asked gently.
"Yeah, well..." -I shrugged.
"He's an idiot." -she said. "He's going after Makishima to kill him. If we can reach him, maybe we could talk him out of it..."
"His choice!" -I spat. I crumpled up his letter and threw it in my trashcan. Then proceeded to kick the trashcan. "Goddamn it!" -I left the office.
I went in the bathroom and hid in one of the stalls.
And I started wailing like there was no tomorrow.
My heart felt so heavy. So empty.
If he kills Makishima, which he plans to do, he will be executed by Sybil.
He will either die or I will never see him again...
I was crying so loud I could barely hear the knock on the door.
"Occupied!" -I shouted and blew my nose.
"(f/n)-chan, I know you're in there." -Shion spoke on the other side. I opened the door and hugged Shion. Still crying. "Shhs, it's gonna be okay." -she patted my head. "He's not the only man in the world, you know?"
"You helped him get away!" -I shouted. "And dad, too! You helped him and now he will kill Makishima and be executed!" -I kept shouting and crying.
"Stop that!" -Shion pulled me to the sink and washed my face. "He doesn't deserve your tears! What kind of a man leaves a woman behind without a proper goodbye?! Not even a farewell sex?! Show that idiot that you can beat him and catch that bastard Makishima before he does!"
She wasn't wrong.
I gained my composure, washed my face properly and headed back to the office.
I wanted to tell Tsunemori what Shion just said but she was gone.
And so was my letter from Kogami. My only memento from him...

[fast forward 2 months]

I was demoted just a few weeks ago. Everythinggot out of hand and too much for me to handle, but I refused therapy and chooseto work as an Enforcer instead. I especially requested dad's dorm. I hung a fewof his artwork on the walls and went through his stuff. I found an old familyalbum. It brought tears and smiles to my face.
There was a knock on the door.
"Come in!" -I wiped my eyes.
"So you're the reason I can't have this room?" -Gino entered.
"Hey!" -I walked up to him and we hugged.
He got demoted, too, after witnessing dad's violent death. Funny enough, as hisPsycho-Pass deteriorated our relationship got better. And he looked betterwithout his glasses!
"I thought you'd need to stay in there longer." -I let go of the hug.
"No point." -he sighed. "Before I forget, I have something for you." -he addedand handed me a letter. It was Kogami's letter to me.
"How did you...?"
"Tsunemori gave it to me."
"She did?" -I really underestimated her. It was sweet of her to think Iwouldn't want to throw this letter away for good but also keep my distance fora while.
"She also told me to leave you alone."
"And you did." -I smiled. "Wait a minute... Did you read it?" -I frowned.
"I did..." -he admitted. "He really shouldn't have left like this."
"That we agree on." -I was reading Kogami's letter. "Thank you." -I said,placing it on the table. "It means a lot to me."
"I hope you can recover." -he rubbed my head.
"Me, too." -I sighed.
I was far from being over Kogami. He only just left...
"Is that the family album?" -Gino noticed it on the couch.
"Yeah."
"I haven't seen it in years." -he sat and started looking at the pictures.
"Well, if you want..." -I sat next to him. "...you can keep it."
"I'd like that."

Just like that, a new chapter begun. For all of us.

------------------------------------------------

thank u so so much for sticking around i will bring a better story next time, a scene really inspired me, but i really wanted to wrap this up  for a veeerrryyyy long time...  even if its not my best/favourite work^^