45

Well it was of very little surprise that at least one of the children would be almost buzzing to get near the downed helicopter. It wasn't like the group still eyeing the smouldering wreck over were doing anything to it; it was just there. In Edie's head though, that thing was going to be a new toy. Be that literally or not, she had yet to decide. It wasn't like it could fly, the propellors were ruined, but make believe while behind the controls? That sounded like lots of fun to her.

"Oh, oh no." Liesel could almost hear the gears turning her in daughter's head once she had moved fully away from Erik and was looking back at the broken vehicle.

"But-"

"No." Liesel countered, earning a glare from Edie. The glare was cute, and Liesel just made a noise while pinching Edie's cheek. It annoyed the girl who moved back with a grunt, Yuliya still remained close to Erik and tilted her head confused by her sister. She had often wondered what went on in her mind, until she realised that maybe she was better off not knowing.

"No one else is gonna use it!"

"Because it's ruined, Edie. What use is a helicopter here?" Liesel questioned obviously, Edie just inhaled sharply and looked away from her to Erik. Erik placed a hand gently on top of Yuliya's head when she decided to lean against him, he watched as Edie just looked at him blankly. She had this habit of just staring intently as if that would get someone to change their mind.

"I can use it as target practice!" Edie exclaimed, as if that was obvious all along and they were silly not to think of that too.

"Not with the engine still in it you're not." Liesel almost scoffed and crossed her arms. No way was Edie shooting at this with the engine and fuel still in it. It'll just blow up. If it did, that would be catastrophic to this place, mainly because of how close it was to the humbly built wooden homes present.

Edie rolled her eyes back to Erik. "Papa, please take the engine out."

"No." Erik said while moving away from Yuliya's side and passing Edie as he went. He heard the disgruntled noise from Edie as he went.

"No one else is gonna use it!"

"So you said," Erik frowned over his shoulder, he could hear Edie's trainers scuffing in the ground as she trotted to keep up with his longer strides.

Edie put her hands on her hips and pouted, Erik raised an eyebrow. She was doing that thing Liesel did, she was trying to think of an impasse. It was endearing from Liesel, her attempts at figuring out a solution to get to what she wanted, but from Edie? From Edie it was just humorous. It was only funny, because she just looked like she was concentrating so hard, her tongue would pop out slightly from between her lips and she'd look more frazzled than thoughtful.

"Okay! Okay!" Erik looked surprised from Edie's sudden exclaiming, he stopped and crouched down slowly. It was only fair to listen to his daughter's solution on the same eye level. Rubbing his hands together as they rested between his knees, he just nodded at her to continue. He could hardly wait to hear this. "Can I have a door?"

Erik ran a hand down his face, he chuckled. He couldn't help it. She was persistent, he had to give her credit. He wasn't sure if Edie got this trait more from him or Liesel, but he had to give her credit where credit was due. Despite over everything that had just happened, to have Edie's little childish moments and her attempts at swaying him to agree, it was pleasant. It bought back some sense of normalcy where minutes before, there was none.

"Just a door?" Erik asked, now crossing his arms across his knees as he watched Edie's eyes widen, her lips pressed into a thin line and she stood there looking excited. She glanced at the helicopter, then at him, and then back again. Erik felt himself smirking, he's put her on the spot now. In truth, he didn't care if Edie shot the thing up completely, what use did he have for a helicopter? He did agree with Liesel though, the engine didn't need to be present anymore. In truth, the fuel which was still in it could be recycled and used in their own generators.