24

Of course, having mutants back around CIA agents caused a little hesitance to appear. Considering the fighting which they had all undertook, having agents trying to debrief, or get information, or just be around them was not wanted. Luckily, there was enough medical staff to go around, even Hank aided where he could. He hadn't been badly hurt when fighting, so he could lend a hand where and when he was needed. Of course, when it came to certain injuries, like Peter and Liesel's legs, he left that to someone else.

Both seemed to have broken bones in some way or another. Peter's leg was definitely broken, Liesel's, having already been broken, the state of it was unknown until she was under the surgeon's knife. Hank remembered that all too well, he didn't know if the pins in her leg could be replaced, but he was certain the people here would do their best.

Ororo Munroe and Erik had naturally been taken to one side to get a proper briefing happening, an interrogation even. They were the closest people to the cause of the problems, but considering Moira sat in with both mutants being questioned, she seemed rather adamant on saying how both fought to stop Nur.

Being pardoned by the CIA, because that's what it appeared to be, was something which allowed both to then rejoin the others. It seemed though that not all of them were ready to leave this base and move on, Peter was still laid up, Liesel was currently in surgery still, and Charles was having some much needed rest. They were going to be here for a small while.

Luckily enough, since the last time they were in a CIA base, it wasn't so restricted, or it wasn't so bad. Hank wasn't sure if that was because they were older. But it felt odd. Being back here, in one, but with a different group of friends around. Reminiscing wasn't something Hank did often, but he was doing it now.

He wasn't the only one thinking back, as soon as she came around, Liesel couldn't help but groan. No, she wasn't in pain, she felt numb to everything, but she had come around to the clinical smell which could only come from medical surroundings. Even before her eyes opened, she registered light beyond her eyelids. Opening her eyes caused her to groan even more. She went to move, only to have a hand on her shoulder. Squinting, she looked to the dark hair man before her.

Looking at the clipboard in his hand, she registered him to be the doctor that had dealt with her. "Welcome back," he smiled, Liesel just nodded and laid back down. She placed her hands on her stomach and looked at the ceiling with a small frown. "I'm Doctor Joseph May, you've been very lucky."

"I don't feel it."

May let out a quiet laugh, "No. No I imagine you don't." He jotted something down on the board in his hands, Liesel side eyed him. "The original pins in your leg have been replaced, the best we could. You'll be off your feet for a while, I'm afraid." Liesel just nodded her head and winced, she wasn't awake for this. "There's something else," because May's voice changed, Liesel raised an eyebrow. He sounded hesitant, he tapped the pen against the clipboard and looked at her curiously. "Were you aware to the fact that you are pregnant?" Liesel's eyes widened considerably, that was his answer. "We had to take blood, to run checks and tests. This came back. You didn't know?"

"N-no..."

"You haven't suffered from any symptoms?"

"I was a bit sick, but I figured that was due to lack of sleep and being abducted for an illegal fighting ring." Liesel said it so casually the doctor in front of her double took. She pushed herself onto her elbows and frowned, she looked down at the hospital gown she wore, inwardly cringing. She hated these things. "How long?" She looked up at the doctor, she hadn't a clue, he had all the answers.

"A few months." He paused, "Two, three tops." He furthered when Liesel still stared at him. "Do you know the father?" May asked hesitantly, he unfortunately had worked in enough establishments to get the negative answer.