02

"Okay, so here's the low down of things," Erik stopped in his efforts to open one of the windows upstairs. He was trying to air the room out, attempt to divert some of the lingering dust elsewhere and out of the place where they'd be sleeping. While he was doing that, he just left Liesel to her own devices. Honestly, he had no idea where she had attempted to hop and drag her leg off and along to. As long as she didn't go attempting the stairs, then he was fine with that. He could still hear her about up here, though her movements seemed muted through the wooden walls, but she had reappeared again. He turned away from the window, brushing his hands together and grimacing slightly at the grime which was coming off his palms. He hoped that the water hadn't been cut off here. He looked to Liesel and paused, she had seemingly managed to go change. This meant she had gone downstairs to retrieve her bag and then reappear; evidently he wasn't paying as much attention to her whereabouts as he first thought. She had changed out of the simple clothes she was wearing and now stood with a rather large shirt on, from appearances sake that seemed to be all, apart from the cast and a sock on her other foot. The fact that the shirt stopped mid-thigh, almost knee level did nothing but show off the fact that half of one leg was covered in white plaster.

"Okay?" He said after getting an odd look sent his way by Liesel, so maybe he was eyeing her up for longer than he originally thought.

"We have no food. No money. We're in a foreign country; luckily enough we can speak the language, but we have no car to get to town," Liesel listed off simply while managing to lean the majority of her weight against one of the crutches. She seemed out of breath and tired. Erik figured sneaking off downstairs without help may have took it out of her, let alone struggling back up again.

"Right." Erik said, Liesel raised an eyebrow. She clearly was expecting something else other than that. "Well, you're not up for a walk to town, that I know of." He narrowed his eyes thoughtfully, Liesel laughed and shook her head. "Yeah, I didn't think so."

"You could always cheat." Liesel pointed out, Erik sat down on the edge of the bed and rested his arms against his knees. He looked at the floor thinking over this before looking up when a white sock and cast covered foot popped into his line of vision. Looking up he leaned back and nodded to the side, Liesel more or less collapsed by his side. "I mean...you could just casually hover to the town limits, find a place to land where no one will see you and...well...you know, get us some things."

"'Casually hover'," Erik repeated and looked over his shoulder at her. She had decided it wasn't worth the effort to even sit up again. So she remained on her back, one leg bent over the edge of the bed, the other stuck awkwardly outright. Her hands rested against her stomach, she grinned and nodded, she seemed to resist the urge to laugh for all matter of a minute. "When have I ever done that?" He couldn't help but ask, even if he had had these thoughts earlier on, after all, there wasn't anything here to eat, nor was there any toiletries.

"I don't know! There's a first time for everything, right?" Liesel asked after calming her laughter down. "Look, if I could I would go to town and get some things for us. But I can't. I mean...I can barely walk without almost falling."

"I did notice." Erik saw fit to point out, he frowned and looked over his shoulder again when there was a rather lazy hit to his shoulder. "Don't state things and not expect a blatant response." He said while leaning back against his elbows. He looked at the doorway opposite before looking down at her. "Do you think you'll like it here?"

Liesel opened her eyes, she had shut them to just enjoy the silence. "Yes." Erik looked at her plainly. "Don't ask simple questions and not expect equally simple answers." She said with a rather triumphant smile on her face.

Erik just shook his head, after a moment or two he decided to just lay down by her side. He looked to the ceiling, only to look to the side when there was a poke to his arm. "Yes?"