49

The constant banging and knocking against the door reverberated throughout the carriage; whoever was out there, was definitely hard at hitting, dents became more and more visible against the metal with each punch that was sent against it. It wasn't like numerous parts were being attacked on the door, it was very methodical, target one place, make it weak and from that weakness break the door down completely and come in.

And come in the man did, the broken down door was flung aside as if it was nothing. He didn't seem out of breath, or even the least bit fatigued about snapping a thick metallic door off its hinges. He just breezed into the carriage, looked about the space with a blank face and stood there and took the bullets which were being shot at him.

He didn't even dodge, he just braced his legs, his stance quite open as the repetitive fire of bullets just seemed to be obliterated against him. It was hard to tell if he was ricocheting them, or absorbing them much like Shaw did, but whatever was happening, it definitely wasn't causing the figure pain. In fact, the attempt at cutting him down seemed to cause amusement, a smirk appearing on his face as the armed men before him slowly ceased fire.

It was clear nothing was hurting him, even more so when he just looked at them, smirk still in place, and healed the damage the bullets had done. Even if he could heal from the bullets which they had fired at him, he didn't seem able to heal from the raining hail of bullets which came from the minigun turret which was mounted in place. No sooner had he fallen to the floor, did more figures just replace him.

They were quick, almost impossibly so along with being quite strong if judging by how easily one grabbed onto an armed man and threw him away from himself. The turret which had been providing such good cover fire, was now getting knocked aside as both the thrown man, and the man behind it collapsed from the momentum. There was so much going on, it was hard to know just what to look at, though the man who had scrambled almost desperately to the control panel on the wall was of huge interest.

The mechanised clang of metal being released was followed with relief. Everyone reached for the collars on their necks and threw them aside, Kurt aided Liesel to stand and couldn't help but be knocked by how they really had been here before. Much like before, he was on the receiving end of Erik staring their way, Kurt's tail swished slowly behind himself as he felt Liesel's hand grip onto his forearm, her attention was on her leg. Straightening it hesitantly and bending it she placed her foot gently against the floor, stepping forward with equal hesitance as she tilted her head. She couldn't hide the slight pained expression on her face, she wasn't wanting to admit that her leg was still tender and numb feeling, even if it was there were bigger problems right now.

"We only want the girl. Step aside." The man who seemed to be the current leader of this group spoke simply, almost monotonously as his dark eyes stared at the group in front of himself and his friends. Although it was hard to decide if they were truly friends, with how they just leapt over the man from earlier when he was shot down without a glance, seemed to signal they weren't; they were all on a similar path, with a similar goal.

"No," Hank stood at the forefront, determined even as he was more than aware that his one word answer had some looking at him questionably.

"What are you doing?" Selene was confused, to say the least. Did these people usually just switch sides and agendas so easily?

"What Raven would have." It may have been a bitter pill to swallow, but Charles was ultimately right. Even Liesel had been! Hank had seen her words as patronising at the time, petty words of anger because his attempt at roping Erik into helping; but she had been right, Hank wasn't the bad guy. Charles was right of course, even if Jean was the one to bring death upon Raven, Raven cared too much about the redhead, to want anyone seeking revenge on her. Raven had matured, grownup and became so much more grounded since returning home; she was a beautiful soul, capable of so much care along with any other negative feelings sure, but she cared a lot for those around her. If it was anyone else, would Raven wish revenge on Jean? Possibly, or possibly not if she could understand what truly happened was all accidental.