14

The place in which Caliban inhabited was dark, Liesel already knew he had an aversion to bright, intense lights, but even this darkness was taking it a bit too far. There was minimal furniture around in this main room, a sofa was in the back, a camera stood to one side, and of course the table which was scattered with papers and items. The money which Raven had slapped down on there moments ago still remained, Liesel merely rolled her eyes at it before exploring this space. There was another room, but the doorway was behind the tracker, although she was certain that she wouldn't be allowed to just breeze on in there.

Collapsing on the sofa, Liesel kicked back and hung her head back. She looked up at the ceiling, whitewash was flaking, chipping and looking rather grey in colour now. This whole place seemed rather sad, there was nothing homely about it. Nothing welcoming. But then again, she guessed that stood to reason. The mutants who came here, weren't staying.

"How can I get back?" Liesel lifted her head up, Raven turned around to look at her, her arms crossed over her chest as she looked at her dubiously.

"You're staying?" Raven looked at her incredulously. She couldn't quite believe what she was hearing. She thought it was ridiculous, personally. Seeing what she had just come from, how Liesel thought it was wise to stay, Raven didn't know. Plus, where was she even going to go?

"I don't really have an interest in going to America." Because that was clearly where this was going, even if Raven hadn't openly voiced it. This was evidently the way things were going to go. She did miss America, of course she did, but then...it hadn't been home for years. So much of it would've changed.

"You have family there, right? Your sister? Surely she would love to see you after all these years?" Raven asked, a frown still on her face as she moved slowly over to where Liesel was sitting up on the sofa, her arms against her forearms as she ran a hand through her hair with a sigh. Raven couldn't believe what she was hearing really. As much as they may have had bouts of not getting along, Raven didn't want to see her wasting her time here. Even she could see there was nothing for her. Erik was gone.

"Ah, yeah...you'd think but I don't know. But, if we're ever to cross paths, how can we do that if I'm there and Erik's here?" Liesel looked upwards as Raven paused close by. She stood slowly, wincing at aches and pains that were appearing. Stretching her arms, she winced at her back twinging before looking back at the blonde.

"Look, the dedication to meeting up with him is brilliant. Really, it's amazing. But staying here isn't a wise decision." Raven cut straight to it, she held her hands up in defeat as Liesel just stared at her blankly.

"Because I'm going to get got? As if."

Raven pinched the bridge of her nose. "This is hopeless, you're not coming are you?" Raven didn't wish to point out that they got her once, and that was because of a handover. What was to say it wouldn't happen again, only because of a mistake she makes? Her blind ambition to find Erik could lead her into trouble. By now his presence had surely appeared on everyone and anyone's radar, she wouldn't be the only person looking for him. But she probably would be the lone person looking for him for good reasons.

"Nope."

"Answer me this: what if Erik's path leads to America anyhow?" Raven asked, watching Liesel move around the room she eventually stopped near the desk.

Caliban stopped moving papers around and flicked his large eyes up to her. He shrugged his shoulders, as if asking Liesel what did she want, yet she just turned. Leaning against the desk, much to Caliban's annoyance, he placed papers down loudly on the desk. "Move your hands," he said, lowly while reaching out and tapping Liesel's arm.

Liesel shot a look over her shoulder and moved away from leaning back against her hands. Raven held her hands up again and looked at her calmly, Liesel's green eyes flicked to her. "Okay, listen. Surely you can see that being here isn't safe? Wouldn't he want you to be safe? There's nowhere safe around here. The only place that is...is..."