17

Liesel wasn't too certain how she could go from being on her own, to surrounded by screaming students, but it happened. She had gone outside to get some air. She needed something because she honestly felt awful. It helped somewhat, she had been minding her own business laying on the lawn, looking up at the vast amount of blue above her. She wasn't particularly thinking on anything, other than she hoped to feel better soon, and that she dearly wished to know where Erik actually was, and what he had got caught up in now.

She went from this, to being surrounded by students, and feeling immense heat behind her. She jumped up and looked at the destroyed mansion. She looked slowly to the side though when she spotted a certain silver haired teen. She tilted her head, she knew who Peter Maximoff was. It was serious privacy invasion to investigate into people's personal lives, but that's what she had done when keeping tabs on Erik. And low and behold, okay, so she didn't investigate the kid, because that was a boundary which really, well and truly creeped her out. But she knew of Peter. Why Peter was here for, she didn't know. She could easily put two and two together and the answer would come out Erik shaped.

"Wow," Peter said while lifting his goggles up and looking to the raging inferno which had literally ripped the building apart.

"W-where'd you...?"

"I was looking for the Professor, I thought he lived here?" Peter said, easily answering a stunned and shocked Hank. Peter looked from him to the destroyed mansion, or rather the rubble which was formally the mansion.

"They took him," Hank said lowly.

"Wait, wait...hold on, who?" Hank turned and looked to Liesel. She had stepped around a few smoky students and ventured near. By the look on his face, Liesel tilted her head to the side. "W-what? Wait...hold on, again..." Liesel stumbled over words and put a hand to her head.

"Is she okay?" Peter looked at her dubiously. He didn't remember saving her from the building, yet with the way she was acting he wasn't too sure if wayward debris hadn't hit her on the head.

"He was here?" She whispered to Hank, he nodded slowly. She ran a hand through her hair, she couldn't quite believe it. Meters away, and she didn't even know. Frowning, she looked to Hank again. "He destroyed the mansion?" Fire and explosions wasn't typically Erik's thing.

"No..." Hank trailed off and looked about, that was the cause of something else entirely. He felt his stomach drop when he suddenly thought of Alex. He was nearest to the blast. There was no way he could've survived that. Hank looked about wildly, he couldn't see him out here. He looked sadly back at the rubble, which meant he was somewhere in there.

Hearing a car pull up, everyone seemed to turn and watch as people left it. Scott in particular came charging over asking where Alex was. "Where's my brother?"

"I'm pretty sure I got everybody." Peter said with a shrug. He couldn't remember seeing anyone else, and he had checked pretty thoroughly.

"Alex was closest to the blast," Hank said quietly while Peter looked at him confused, trying hard to pinpoint missing someone. But if that someone was already possibly engulfed in fire and flames, there was no way Peter was going to find them. They watched as Scott bolted, he ran towards the destroyed mansion and commenced trying to find Alex.

There was literally nothing left of the mansion to even really go through. It would be like finding a needle in a haystack to find Alex, or even his body, would be an impossible feat. Yet that didn't stop Scott as he still tried desperately to find something, anything which linked to his brother.

The sudden silence was ripped apart by the sounds of rotor blades. Everyone turned and looked towards the oncoming helicopter, which was promising some form of aid. When it came to land, everyone had to shield their eyes and faces from the hard hitting wind that it kicked up. The door opened and grey suited, black armoured men jumped out. The black heavy duty vest, helmet and goggles didn't exactly scream medical assistance.