26

When it came to being let go, there was one person which May had to find and talk to first before everyone got the all clear. Liesel. Seeing as how she, much like everyone else, had been through the wringer there was one thing which set her apart from the others. Being pregnant, May needed to naturally determine whether all was okay there. Considering she hadn't had the first clue that she was even pregnant, it didn't take May long to figure no scans had been done.

She was perhaps one of the more injured amongst the party, pregnancy was something else to add to the list of things which she had. Only, when it came to visiting her, May found himself unable to open the door. None of the doors locked, not patient doors unless there was a need for quarantine.

He reached up and knocked, "Liesel?" He called out quietly, he was a little worried. He didn't understand why her door was locked, but it didn't take much for him to figure out. Even more so when the door was opened and standing opposite to him was Erik. He hadn't crossed paths with the magnetokinetic mutant before now; yes, he had seen him about the base, usually keeping himself to himself and looking thoughtful over something. The shapeshifter, Raven, May remembered her name briefly, had tried conversing with him a few times. Only to seemingly receive indifference. It was clear to May that Erik wasn't feeling up for company. From a distance, Erik could look sad, everyone felt sadness. Even people who happened to have moments of tyrannical bouts, suffer and feel sadness. It took May more time than he'd like to admit that it wasn't just sadness, but worry; he was fretting over Liesel. Not being able to see her, and not having sufficient information didn't sit with him.

He was taller than May, which in some parts added to Erik being slightly more imposing. May took a step back and looked up at the German in front of him, he smiled awkwardly whereas Erik just stood, blank faced and looking at him flatly. This was a really bad, highly uncomfortable first meeting. Everyone else was fine, May had seen to a few of the mutants who were here, and they were all polite, and easy to get along with. Of course that wouldn't be the same for Erik Lehnsherr. Of course not.

May's eyes slid to the side when a face appeared around Erik's arm. He was keeping the door more shut than open, his hand holding onto the door handle despite the fact he clearly used his powers to unlock and open it. His hand remained as a way to block May entry really. But even still, it didn't stop Liesel managing to basically lean against the man acting sentry and smile at May. May felt himself nervously smiling back. There was something about the silent man in front of him which wasn't settling well. May couldn't put his finger on it.

"Doctor!" Liesel smiled still and wobbled a little on her feet. Her hands were gripping onto Erik's arm, the same arm that had the hand holding the handle. "What's bought you here? Are you letting me go? All of us go? Are we allowed to leave now? It is no offence to you, you seem nice. But really, well, I didn't like being within the CIA the first time. I am not much a fan of it now." Liesel rambled out casually, seemingly completely ignorant to the odd stare off happening between both men.

May coughed lowly and swallowed thickly before shaking his head. "No. No, sorry, a few more checks and then I am sure you're free to go. I am here to see you," blue eyes narrowed a fraction, mainly over the last part. May tried to ignore it and continued on: "Ultrasound. A scan, we've...I'm not happy to allow you to go, until you've had one. You've been through an ordeal, Liesel. And we need to check that you, and baby, are fine."

Liesel's eyes went wide as she listened, she nodded along to what he said, Erik remained motionless. Yet even he looked thoughtful over hearing what May said. His eyes flicked down to Liesel, as her eyes slowly looked up at him. "Okay." Liesel shrugged, she didn't quite know what else to say. She disappeared from Erik's side and soon the clicking of crutches could be heard. "Lead the way." She smiled at May, he nodded and turned away. He could hear both their footsteps following after him, and the journey was silent.