32

It wasn't hard to find Liesel, all Selene had to do was follow the quiet sounds of grumbling. Selene didn't have much of a grasp of the German language, but even she could tell that Liesel didn't sound very happy. It was no wonder really, when turning the corner, Selene - even her - couldn't help but slowly smirk at the sight of Liesel attempting to fix what seemed to be a rudimentary washing line.

Why she even thought it was a good idea to try and do, Selene didn't know. With a sigh, she flicked her dark eyes around before moving forwards. "Need help?" She questioned simply, everyone else right about now were exploring, airing out the crates which were to be their homes or unpacking the reserves which the government sent.

Liesel jumped at the sound of her voice, her face instantly beaming at her as she nodded enthusiastically. "Please!"

Selene shook her head, yet she moved away from the side of the building and fully moved over. Leaning down, she picked up the post and wedged it in the hole Liesel had roughly dug out. "You shouldn't be doing things like this."

"Please, I hear enough of that from Erik."

Selene slid her eyes over to the shorter female, Liesel looked despondent. She clearly knew this, and had heard it from Erik, yet still went about doing it anyway. "He cares. People don't tend to say stuff like that, if they don't."

Liesel's bright green eyes seemed to light up more as she looked at Selene happily. "That means you care about me to then, yes?" She grinned, Selene's face went blank as she double took, Liesel laughed and patted her gently on the arm. "I am flattered. I didn't know we were such good friends, so soon!"

"I...it's just common sense, don't be stupid and hurt yourself more than you already are." Selene said shortly, her attempt at being blunt just had Liesel smiling and crossing her arms. "You already listed off your injuries, plus being pregnant, and you think trying to fix this is wise?" She continued, huffing slightly as childish as it seemed. Selene didn't like being caught out, yet even she stuck by it, doing things like this was unwise while being in Liesel's position.

"Someone has to do the menial tasks." Liesel said quietly with a shrug, she looked to the post before looking at Selene. "It is sometimes the menial tasks that become the most important."

She frowned, "Not sure that abides to a washing line."

Liesel held her hand up, pointing a finger she shuffled off awkwardly. Selene just stood and watched her, she had somehow managed to attach the line to the side of the building. Now with the post in place, the line went slack. But seeing a big stick nearby, Selene could see Liesel had thought out the problems here to get the line taught again. Wedging the stick in place would do the job.

Hearing shuffling, Selene blinked and frowned. In Liesel's arms was a bundle of material. She didn't have a clue what the items were, until Liesel unfurled them and threw them over the line. Awkwardly leaning and getting the stick, Liesel pushed the line and both watched it rise and go stiff, now in place they could see the rugs and mats which covered the floor inside waving lifelessly in the breeze.

"Dust." Selene slid her eyes to Liesel, she shielded her eyes from the sun and looked up at the line. "No one wants possible respiratory problems. Let alone itchy eyes, or throats! No thank you, considering these have been stagnant for years, the particles are probably big which means...well, health problems. Don't think I need any, do you? See, menial task is important, yes?" Liesel asked while looking up at Selene with a small smile on her face. "What bought you hear, Selene?" She frowned curiously, Selene didn't seem the type to hunt someone out unless she needed something, that was the vibe Liesel got from her.

"You said you may have needed my help for something. I wanted to know what." Selene said passively, which was true. It had been bugging her since Liesel said it. Not many asked for her help. Likewise she didn't offer help willingly, except for this moment here with Liesel. She couldn't have stood by and watched her struggle for much longer, it was a bit pathetic, no offence to her.