22

"Is he okay?" Scott asked, they all seemed to be in one piece, which meant that they could take the moment to assess any injuries. He was of course referring to Charles, throughout everything that had happened, he was still unconscious.

"It's his energy, he's drained."

Hank pushed himself onto his knees and looked down at his friend as he started coming too. "Get out," Charles groaned, struggling onto his side, eyes still shut. "Get out!" Charles continued to struggle as Jean tried to calm him, he tried to pull his arm free from her grasp and get away from her.

"Professor, it's okay. You're with us." She said calmly, trying to get through to him somehow. "It's okay," she said, his eyes opened and he looked around the space and saw those gathered. Jean readjusted her hold on his arms and looked down as his head remained practically in her lap.

Seeing as how Charles had come around, as much as possible, Hank had taken to aiding him in sitting up in a corner. He backed off to then look over Kurt, the poor teleporter hadn't lasted long staying awake once getting them here. It was clearly something that worried Liesel as she sat beside the poor boy.

"He's exhausted himself," Hank explained to her as she sighed gently. Liesel nodded though, as if she could already have figured that one out. This was perhaps the most he had ever used his powers in one go before, let alone trying to teleport them all away. "He will be okay, Liesel." Hank looked at her, his orange yellow eyes looking at her surely. Kurt would be alright given time, still didn't stop her worrying though.

With a sigh, she moved away and caught Charles's eyes, patting her knees she stood and moved over. Kneeling at his side, she raised an eyebrow. "I think you have a fan, Charles." Liesel raised an eyebrow, a smirk on her face but not of humour. Charles could see she had had enough of this, she looked tired, a few grazes were on her hands and her face, but she seemed annoyed this fight was still going on. "A very devoted fan. Someone you don't want in your life. Can we go deal with him for you, please?"

Charles inhaled shakily, having Nur just contact him, hearing and trying to listen to Liesel was hard. "I...did not think I would see you here." He said instead in a heavy tone, looking at her with wide eyes.

Liesel smiled, she placed a hand on his shoulder and she looked at him seriously. "Charles, I do not have many friends. Despite of everything, every disagreement, any problems we have had in the past; you are my friend. I do not condone any of this, especially against you, or anyone. I am not asking you to forgive Erik for this, because I do not, yet, but I intend to make him grovel for all he is worth."

Charles smiled a strained smile and let out an awkward laugh. "That I would like to see." He looked at her with a frown, his eyes watering a little. "I didn't know we got to the friend stage, Liesel." He whispered, she laughed and he inhaled deeply, he tensed in his sitting position and tilted his head.

"He is talking to you still?" She asked, watching as Charles nodded awkwardly. Liesel disliked seeing Charles in such turmoil, "You are stronger," she leaned forwards and whispered, Charles opened his eyes and looked at her shocked. She smiled, "He is no God, Charles. He is just a man, like many others before him, who believe he has the right to self-entitle himself. Don't care what people in the past thought he was. He is no God of mine. But, you know what? Only mortals can take down a God. I think we could do this." She mused, Charles just stared at her, not remembering the last time he heard her sound so sure, so honest and determined, but most of all, wise.

"We're connected still." Charles said fidgeting and looking around with everyone else when his name was shouted.

Liesel nodded and stood, "Uh-oh, someone's having a temper tantrum." She smiled, probably the wrong time to find humour in this situation, but Nur was clearly losing it. He knew they were still here, he just didn't know where. It was uncertain what was happening out there, but the sudden screaming could only belong to one person.