50

Naturally, the twins were more than ecstatic to see their parents; even with them being bruised, hurt, cut and exhausted, it didn't stop either of them from vaulting at them, holding on for dear life, and relieved cries come from them. Erik shut his eyes, hoisting Yuliya more into his arms, his face burying against her soft, blonde hair while Edie wrapped her arms around Liesel's waist, her face pressing into her stomach.

Getting back here was simple, with Selene thankfully in one piece, even if she was as banged up as the rest of them, she managed to get ahold of Graham, he created a portal and allowed them access to the school. As soon as they entered the foyer, students and teachers alike came out, all with relieved or saddened faces, it all depended on how much of the situation they understood.

Peter had come forth, Yuliya and Edie in tow, still holding onto his hands and upon seeing their mother and father, they were shoving through the small crowd. Liesel pushed Edie back gently with a smile, "I need to thank your brother," she brushed her hands over the wild russet locks of hair atop her daughter's head. Edie was a bit clingy, yet nodded and took to standing close to Erik, he shifted her sister to his hip, wincing a little as he did so, and soon Edie's arms were wrapping around his waist like they did with Liesel moments ago.

Erik watched Liesel limp off, they hadn't exactly spoken since the whole incident on the train, he wasn't too sure how much of what she said was just a reaction to the moment. Whereas he was being honest, painfully honest in fact. Was he surprised she was even still near him? Or could stand to be near him? Yes. She had been so angry with him, for his decisions, and she had made that anger well known. She seemed to have simmered down, if only because she was clearly in pain, and tired.

"Are we going back home?" Yuliya leaned away from the crook of his neck and looked him over. She couldn't help but pout and look at Erik sadly. She hadn't ever seen her father hurt, the sight of cuts and bruises forming on different parts of his face made her unhappy.

"Yes, of course we are. Why would you ask such a thing?" Erik had to put her down, though his body hadn't been hurt, exactly, muscles were starting to protest and starting to ache. Though he was sure he'd have cuts and bruises somewhere on his person, he was slammed against each wall of a carriage by Vuk, after all.

Edie shifted on her feet and looked at her sister before looking up at him. Everyone around them were greeting those that went and came back, none of those gathered paid attention to them really. Liesel was still talking to Peter, and with Kurt now joining in, it was clear Liesel wasn't returning to them yet. With a sigh, Edie looked her way, then at Erik. "Mama bought bags with us."

Erik nodded and slowly sank to his haunches. Rubbing his hands together as they rested between his knees, he looked them over. "That was just in case this fight took longer than we thought." Was that it though? A part of his brain was shouting at him, calling him an idiot. Of course that wasn't just it. Liesel had said, hadn't she? She intended to come here, with them, if he followed through with his plan to hunt, and kill Jean. He had changed, he had defended, he had tried to be good, again.

Yuliya shook her head and even stomped a foot. "I don't believe you!" She looked at him defiantly. "You two weren't getting along, we saw it! Something uncle Hank did, or said, or whatever it was divided you! Even when you two were gone, we could hear everyone whisper about what was happening..."

Edie nodded and stuck her hands in her pockets. "Even mama said she was off to stop you being stupid. We can only guess she didn't want us near that stupid-thing, so bought us here. If you continued to be stupid, I suppose she planned to keep us here, right?"

Erik inhaled slowly, he regretted doing so while sitting like this, he definitely felt his ribs pull in a painful way. When did his girls get so smart, and observant? Tentatively pinching the bridge of his nose, conscious of the cut that ran across it, he shut his eyes and slowly nodded. "She bought you here to be safe. That also means safe from me."