Chapter 4

CopperTech always closed at the same time every day. There were some people that stayed late to catch up on work, or get in some overtime. They all had families to look out for and dreams to achieve. Some made sure to leave right on time so that they could get to their loved ones. Science rested when there was warmth to go home to.

It never rested for Jasper. The only time it did was when he had someone to bed. He was a young genius. It was difficult for others to be able to understand the things that he talked about. The true conversations he wanted to have was all an enigma to anyone he spoke to. The only person he could truly talk to about anything and everything was his father, and he rarely spoke to him. The man was far too busy, just like Jasper was.

He locked up the building, leaving just as the janitors started their nightly clean. He never minded staying late in the office. Most of his work got done early, but the building was the perfect environment to conduct his research and look into more technological advancements that their company could create.

But now he went to his car and drove to the place that he rested his head. He lived with his sister and father, in a modern mansion designed to give them the most space they could get away from each other. They all saw each other enough at work, the last thing they needed was to see each other outside of it. Jasper was happy with this agreement that they all shared.

What he wasn't happy with was his sister blocking the door to his rooms. She didn't look too happy either. That frown really looked horrible on her. With her black hair up in a bun, and that frown on her face, she looked older.

"You look like mom," Jasper smirked at her. That was one thing he knew she hated. And, since she wasn't allowing him to even set down his suitcase, he wasn't going to allow for pleasantries.

"Why do you always have to piss me off, Jasper?" she asked, leaning against his door. "Can't you just not act like an asshole, for one day?"

"Just because you can't handle my intelligence, doesn't mean that I'm an asshole," he rolled his eyes. "Now move."

"Intelligence has nothing to do with it," Ashley argued, but gave in and moved out of his way. "You're still human, whether you like it or not. You still peed the bed until you were twelve, and threw your own feces when you were little. And you're still an asshole!"

"You took your make up off and came to me in your pajamas just to tell me that?" he asked, setting his things down on the table that he had. The cooks had already prepared him some food, knowing exactly when he came home. As soon as he walked in the door, they took his coat and put his briefcase by his personal desk. He would go to it in the morning, when he was ready to start his day off. He normally woke up early, even when he stayed up late. Sleep was useless unless. There would be so much time in the day if the human body didn't need such a thing.

"You hit on that guy, didn't you?" Ashley sat down next to him as he started eating his food. Those brown eyes of hers were on fire.

"You always have to be vague, don't you?" his eyes stayed on his food. "That's why you don't do well in those meetings. You aren't specific enough."

"First of all," she cut him off. "There's such thing as being too specific, like you do. And second of all, jackass, I was talking about the college kid that was interviewing you."

He remembered him. He was cute. But it was better off this way, since he wasn't going to get him. If the man wasn't interested in him, then there wasn't a point in trying to go after him. There was always someone else who he could coax into the bedroom. The world was full of gullible people, ready to be used and eaten up.