Chapter 13

Color him impressed. Jasper knew that he had an accent, but he wasn't entirely sure on the man's origin. There was a possibility that he could have done some more digging through that profile of his and seen some hints or clues, but he was too busy trying to finish all that he could of those stories. They were all page turners, and all of them left him yearning for more. He wasn't surprised when he noticed all the followers the man had.

He really did look good when he smiled. It was such a big difference when he talked to the waiter, Jasper was almost jealous. There was a sliver of him that wanted to see more of that smile. It lit up the whole room as he talked about his home country.

"You're from Germany?" Jasper asked. He wanted that attention back on him, not that waiter. He looked too happy talking to him.

He definitely wasn't getting that great of a tip now.

"Yeah," Damien told him. He didn't look as happy looking back to Jasper. He knew why. It was him who had forced him to go with him after all. But he was now left confused as to why that bugged him so much.

"Where is Potsdam?" Jasper asked. He had visited many places, but he hadn't heard of that one. Now that there was some information that the waiter got out before he did, he wanted to open that door wide and take a look inside.

"It's a city right next to Berlin," Damien told him. He seemed more relaxed talking about his home at least.

"And Bavaria?"

"Oh, that's Southern Germany," the blond said. "They're their own breed."

"Really?" Jasper cocked a brow. "What does that mean?"

"It just means that they're different than Berlin or Potsdam," Damien shrugged. "Kind of like how the different states in America all act different."

Geography was one thing that Jasper didn't read into. He learned the basics. However, he skipped through a lot of the culture and history of other countries. They didn't pertain to the science and engineering that he was trying to learn. It didn't pertain to the knowledge that he was trying to share to the world.

And yet now he was curious about those things. He wondered about this man's heritage and all the in-betweens to his life before coming here. Jasper didn't know a conversation like this would be such an interesting one. He wound up asking him many questions throughout their wait for dinner about his culture and the different things that he ate there versus here in America.

"Here you are, gentlemen," the waiter came back with their food. He had already brought their drinks. "And I would like to mention that one of our chefs are from Bavaria and made this dish personally."

"I can't wait," Damien told him. "It looks great."

There was so much thing as being too courteous, and Jasper wasn't enjoying this waiter's attitude. Of course, he got his food as well. But the fact that Damien looked so much happier talking to the waiter than him was rather annoying. He was supposed to be doing his job, and only his job. Out of all the years that Jasper had been going to this restaurant, he had never experienced this.

"I doubt it tastes like the same dish you've tasted back home," Jasper said, watching him eat it.

"It's pretty good," Damien told him. "I'm shocked. I didn't think it was going to taste as good either."

"Then why did you pick it?"

"Because I was curious about it," the blond looked at him curiously. "Why?"

"No reason," he shrugged the feeling off. He shouldn't be letting something like this get to him. He still had the whole night to spend with him, and he wasn't going to let a waiter get in the way of that.