Chapter 33

The day had definitely been interesting. Jasper had thought that it was peculiar just how unnerved Damien was when mentioning his parents. From what he had noticed from watching on the other side of the establishment, the man wasn't enjoying his time with them either. There was just something unordinary about the interaction. Especially when that other man came and tried to speak to the one that Jasper assumed to be Damien's father.

He was glad that his own father didn't invoke such a mental state himself. He'd rather deal with a father that was hardly there other than a few of his outstanding accomplishments than have a parent as overbearing as the one in which he had witnessed earlier that day.

Jasper had been all caught up on work, which was why he had been able to take time off to observe the mysterious family that Damien was keen on hiding from him. The rest of the day he had occupied with messaging Damien and analyzing the information that he had acquired that day. He wasn't sure if Damien was going to tell him anything, but there was something about the way that the man that Jasper assumed was his father frowned at him that Jasper didn't like. It was a look that reminded him too much of his own previous memories.

However, he couldn't just be making assumptions and using them as evidence. He was going to need something tangible before he could concrete his own educational guess on the subject. That was how he had stopped himself from making rash decisions before as well.

The only times his decisions were rash and not well thought upon were when he was looking for a physical engagement of the carnal kind. Damien had been one of his preys for that at the beginning. Then the circumstances changed and he was having to take every cautious measure to make sure that he didn't wind up on his list of fruitless longings.

Jasper was still unsure as to why he wished to make such an effort with Damien. His stories were beautiful in their own right. But there was something behind those words that he published online that spoke a completely different story. Perhaps that was why Jasper was so intrigued by them. While they all pertained to sex and intimacy, the way that some of the characters were written spoke to him. It was as if the writer was putting his own emotions into the mind and thoughts of some of his characters.

Which made Jasper more curious about this man. The more he interacted with him, the livelier he became. He was starting to realize that his smile was a rarity all in of itself. He couldn't understand why. The man had a great smile. Just the smile that he had shared with him when he left the café was bright enough to etch its way into Jasper's brain.

That was why he was there that evening, with some items hidden in bags, staring at a building as he tried to figure out how he was going to get the right room. The dorms to the university weren't overbearingly large, but he did know that quite a lot of people lived in them.

"Fancy seeing you here," a familiar face popped up at the entrance of the building. The slim man leaned against one of the pillars, folding his arms. He didn't look upset, however. Jasper would have to say that the man was more amused than any other emotion.

"I'm surprised you're here too, Bunny," Jasper said. The man had been one of his flings from a while ago, the cousin of Simon who partied like the world was going to end each and every day. He still couldn't fathom how the man hadn't dropped out of college yet. He didn't think that he had a single braincell left. "Are you living here now?"

"Not really," he shrugged. "Just had to get a break from all the dumb partying. Simon and the others can get so annoying sometimes."

"That's why I stopped going all the time," Jasper said. While Bunny had been a fling, they hadn't ended their engagement on a bad note. They had been friends with benefits for quite a long time until he decided that he wanted to get serious with someone. He had yet to meet this person, however that wasn't an experience that he wanted to live through. The last thing he needed to deal with was a past relationship's jealous lover. And, from what he heard from Simon about the man, that would be exactly what he was going to deal with.