Chapter 10

He hopped on the ship with you on his back, then put you down next to nami and chopper, still stunned you just blinked at him, probably with much more then a pink tint to your cheeks.

"SANJI SEE SHE'S ON THE SHIP, NOW MAKE SOMETHING TASTY", Luffy waves excitedly at sanji, you see zoro laugh at the cook, after sanji's dumbfoundedness you swore you saw steam escape his ears.

He huffed in anger as he jumped onto the ship, lit a cigarette, glared at luffy for a solid minute and then proceeded to calmly walk into the kitchen.

You wish you could laugh like you usually did, but your beating chest wasn't giving you the chance to do that.

You hid your face in your knees to hide the deep red, nami tapped my shoulder,"you okay?", you let out a muffled 'I'm okay, just not feeling so well'.

This is the 100th time luffy has made simple contact with me, it's also the 100th time I've reacted to his contact like a lunatic.

I'm not.... Am I... No. That's impossible.

You shook the thoughts out of you head immediately, you were feeling much better aside from the fact that your heart was still being knocked around in your chest.

You strayed with your knees against your chest until you were confident that your heart rate and your reddened face went down.

Chopper insisted to patch you up even after you assured him you were completely fine now, you were still pulled by his little frame to his check up room, you smiled at his concern.

"you're all bruised up", his sweet small voice said,"I'm fine chopper, this is really nothing", you replied with a wink and a ruffle to the reindeer's huge hat, he ignored your dumb humour and continued patching you up.

"say, have you seen luffy sad before? ", you ask subconsciously zoning out at the pretty lilac flowers next to the doctors tools thinking about how you've only ever seen your captain in a playful mood, even his cute frustration was playful.

"no, well not in person but I've heard about tales about how devastated he was when his brother..... Died", chopper squeaks out the last part silently with a sad tone.

Your eyes widen, luffy had a brother? And he....

"yep, luffy had a really caring brother, actually the opposite of luffy", nami walks in through the door and says.

Luffy lost his brother..

"luffy really is a simple guy, his happy unless he has a reason not to be", Franky says poking his head into the room, you smile and nod your head.

I can't even imagine luffy being sad.

You left the checkup room a bit dazed, Still thinking abt the possibility of luffy's wide smile not there, it made you were curious but the curiosity definitely not worth it.

Seeing luffy pout coz sanji is taking to long preparing the food or when his bored out of his mind will simply have to be the closest thing to seeing luffy's sad face.

A small curve to your mouth appeared and your face softened when you thought about all the times his small pout showed itself.

"what are you smiling about", you jump, startled by the question and the sudden voice right by you, you turn your head to the voice.

"What a nosy question, of course it would come from a nosy person", you let out a mocking laugh before running off, usopp takes after you shouting,"NAMI HELP ME",you shout out like a child calling for their mother after making their sibling mad.