Chapter 43

After Luffy and you patched things up he sent you back to bed and then left with sanji, a part of you wanted him to stay but you decided to keep it to yourself because both of you needed the rest and you needed time to think.

But once the door clicked to signal it's closure and you were left to think, your mind plunged itself into a string of dark thoughts.

Mom.

Your eyes move to the door, before shutting immediately.

You turn your back to the door before the thought spreads to your legs, wincing lightly at the sharp pain that movement sent to your wrapped up ribcage before bringing your knees up so your in a fetal position.

The longing you felt right now was anything but normal and everything in between aching and pleading.

You felt sick with the need to be close to him, it was terrifying but the fact that he wasn't far managed to ease you.

You weren't even sure anymore if it was love, or an unhealthy obsession.

And that dream...

You shake your head and turn on your back, now staring at the ceiling with a blank expression.

"A mother's love knows no bounds y/n"

Her voice sent an uncomfortable shiver down your spine when her shrill voice echos like a broken record in your mind.

"Were her words some kind of warning.. ?"

Your eyes widen at the sentence that exited your own mouth without realizing.

You shake your head and grit your teeth as you pull the blanket over your head to somehow hide yourself from your thoughts.

"No."

She's long gone and so is everyone else.

Your eyes close, sighing at your own thoughts, your relieved expression instantly twitching into one of guilt when you realize how heartless you were being.

She was still your mother.

"Fuck this."

You unwrap yourself from the warmth of the blanket before you swung your legs to the edge of the bed, shivering at the feeling of the cold wooden floors of the sunny and stepping forward lightly.

You found yourself on the deck. Taking in the familiar breeze that carried both the salty sea and nami's sweet tangerines. It tangled itself in your hair and lifted it.

Your troubled heart suddenly felt a bit lighter.

"I'm just glad I'm home.. "

Your lips curled up into a small smile.

"Shut up will you."

You flinch back with a ghastly gasp as you stumble on your feet, catching yourself on the Sunnys railings before you fell.

You snap your head to the voice and see an annoyed swordsman.

"Jesus fucking–ZORO."

Your hand was clutched over your heart to stop it from jumping out with huge eyes.

He scoffs, his one eye judging your reaction so heavily that you straighten up and adjust your throat.

"Dork."

Your nose scrunches at the name calling, but you feel the embarassed blush creeping into your cheeks.

You look him up and down to match his judgement, he smirks at your attempt which embarrasses you further.