Chapter 12

"NO I UHM UHH, YOU SEE I LIKE A UH THE UHM- OH I LIKE ZORO YEAH I LIKE HIM"

you cringe so hard you twitched at the haunting memory, you panicked. Like an idiot you denied it out loud and declared your undying love for the green haired swordsman who gets drunk, trains and sleeps multiple times a day OUT LOUD aswell...

Nami looked dumbfounded, usopp looked as if there was a tsunami heading straight towards us, chopper was the same as usopp and sanji cried out in pain and fell off the tree from shock and horror...

What made it worse was that luffy had no reaction towards it, his face went blank for a second like he was processing it and then he laughed and went back to swinging on the tree and laughing at sanji on the ground having a seizure.

I'm so screwed if zoro finds out. Then again he would probably immediately reject me and move on like it never happened.

Your mind eases when you think about the possibility of zoros mid reaction.

We fished sanji back up the tree but he still looked lifeless and pale, not to mention the awkward tension was unbareable, you almost wished you were blown away by the wind.

WHY ME!?

The air stills, the wind completely disappeared in the surroundings, the trees no longer violently swishing around, it was quiet. Only for a second though

"LET'S GO", luffy's command rang throughout the entire forest, it was so loud you were positive the rest of the crew on the ship heard him.

You all climbed down, luffy and sanji jumped down without hesitation, sanji still had a depressing expression glued to his face.

Same sanji, same.

You think to yourself when you see luffy's unbothered smile. You loved his smile but it hurt.

You let out a small hurt scoff and followed luffy's march forward

You looked down as you walked not wanting to face anybody, you were embarrassed and there was an irritatingly painful sting coming from your chest.

You wanted nothing more than to hide out in a hole and never come out, you should have stayed on the sunny.

"y/n are you okay", you were sick of that question,"I'm fine usopp", you sigh with a smile, "doesn't look like it", he simply says, I know he was worried but you still got a bit annoyed, "don't worry about it, I'm completely okay", you smile even wider to make it more believable.

"don't worry I know you were lying when you said you liked zoro", your head whips itself in usopp direction, "how", is all you could let out.

"A liar can tell when someone lies y/n", he says with an accomplished, cocky smile, you rolled your eyes,"and you're a bad liar", you jokingly gasp and clutch your heart,"idiot", you smack him over the head, he winced in response before we both laughed.

A small weight lifted making you feel a bit lighter, but the stinging in your chest was still painfully there.

Your eyes flickered to luffy every chance you got, you wished it didn't but you couldn't help it, every single time you looked to him, he looked normal and it hurt even though you refused to admit it.

You knew from the start luffy wasn't capable of that kind of love so why, why are you disappointed.

You tried to brush off the feeling but it didn't work in the slightest, I need to tell zoro I don't actually like him before anyone tells him anything.