Chapter 22

You felt sick as she looked up to luffy with a smile, you bite your lip feeling a slight lump occupying your throat.

"HEY, YOU FOUND ZORO HUH?!", luffy hops toward zoro while laughing, her hands glide from gripping his shirt to his neck.

It hurts.

You look down, your mouth was dry and your eyes were glossy. You had no right to feel this way, afterall you're just a crewmate.

Your thoughts only made the lump in your throat bigger, you let out a ridged sigh, fiddling at the fabric of your sleeve to distract you from the sight.

"why are you holding Mari you bastard?" sanji's voice says furiously, you thanked him in your mind for asking what you couldn't bring yourself to ask.

"Mari said-" luffy starts but Mari interrupts,"Oh I was tired and luffy insisted on carrying me." she chuckles while luffy's gaze burnt holes into the side of your head, you weren't looking but you could tell he was staring.

She was tired and luffy insisted?? Really?

That didn't sound anything like your captain. But honestly what if she's telling the truth. She has no reason to lie and luffy isn't denying anything.

You shake your head slightly to get the nasty thoughts away.

"why are you holding y/n"

Your head lifts slightly at the words that came from the captains mouth, you look to sanji.

"oh because my poor darling y/n tripped and hurt herself." sanji says and you nod curtly as to approve of his gentle wording.

"Oh she didn't just trip, she full on face planted into the ground." you scowl at zoro ready to rip his face apart as your cheeks turn a deep rosemary from the embarassment.

Luffy let's out a laugh, surprised, you shot your head towards him, feeling betrayed and even more embarassed then before which you thought was impossible, you hide your face in your hands and shout,"Its not even funny, STOP LAUGHING."

"yes it's not funny! It was actually adorable", sanji protests with heart eyes losing all control and lifting me into the air, spinning you like it was some romance scene in a movie.

"S-sanji WHA-" you try to protest but the terror of him dropping you kicked in, gripping tightly at his arms.

"ouch!" maribelle whines in pain, which made sanji come to a halt.

"whoops" was all luffy said when he had dropped her, causing her to land butt first onto the ground.

"pfft-" you accidently let out a small laugh, immediately putting a hand over your mouth.

"oh Mari my darling are you okay!?"

Sanji sat you down on a nearby chair, before running towards Mari and comforting her after slapping luffy over the head harshly scolding him for not treating her like the lady she is.

"LUFFY YOU IDIOT, TREAT HER MORE GENTLY YOU SAVAGE", sanji just kept on shouting as he lifted Mari up and helped dusting off her clothes.

"oh I'm... Fine owie", Mari whined in pain which only made sanji even more angry at luffy.

You and zoro look at each other before shrugging both your shoulders in union,"okay let's just get back to the sunny so chopper can examine mari's injury" you say with a determined smile.

You hop up, feeling a sharp pain in your ankle and silently wincing at the pain.

It isn't that bad, sanji needs to carry Mari.