Chapter 6

"we are together"

"HUH", you reflexively snap my head to him, you hear Franky choking on his cola, usopp's loud gasp, chopper little sqeak, Brooke's "yoh-what", Nami and Robin's silence was so loud and even though you didn't look in sanji's direction for a split second you could feel his soul leaving his body.

At this point your face was more than tinted with pink, it felt like hot water was thrown in your face, you were most definitely bright red, you had a blank look on your face with your eyes the size of golf balls.

"since when? ", Nami suddenly uttered through the thick silence.

"what do you mean, we are all together in one room aren't we?", luffy says innocently confused scratching his head with one hand and still holding into my hand with the other.

Everything went silent again.

Ting.

"Ouch" , what was that. That sting just now.

"HAHAHA, LUFFY YOU IDIOT", zoro's laughter shot through the silence, I slowly turned my head to zoro and everyone watched him laugh for a second before the whole room filled with laughter.

"Really luffy pfft- Ha", usopp tries to speak through his giggles.

"It was dumb of us to think that way, It's luffy after all", Nami says wiping a tear of joy from her eye.

"ITS NOT FUNNY HE SCARED THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME.", sanji shouts angrily and slams his head against the table, which only intensified the laughter.

"what? What happened!? Why are you guys laughing!?", he says confused with a hint of frustration.

You find yourself looking at his side profile, somehow your lips curved upward to form the tiniest smile.

"we thought you and y/n are dating", "I-uh", you try to let out a bit of your attitude and tell usopp to shut his big mouth but the words didn't escape your throat.

I hate the feeling of embarrassment because it breeds judgment... You try to avoid this feeling at all costs but here you are holding your oblivious captains hand while standing infront of the whole crew as they laugh at your captains dense innocence..

"Dating? Is that a food? ", you blink twice at him with an ugly cringe expression to show your surprise mixed with disappointment.

The room went silent and then it filled with barking laughter, you face palmed yourself. What has his guardians been teaching him...

"it's nothing you'll ever do luffy", you teasingly nudge his shoulder and say after letting out a small chuckle.

Nothing he'd ever do.

Ting

There it is again... That small sting.

"BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS IT", luffy whines, you chuckle again.

"do you know what marriage is then luffy?", you cross your arms and raise a brow.

"oh, YEAH", you look at him in disbelief,"really", "yes", but what does that have to do with dating", he tilts his head to the side like a confused puppy.

"well, you can only date a person you want to marry in the future", you explain as best as you can, luffy still looks a bit confused.

"You marry someone beautiful and who you love, idiot", sanji suddenly twirls in between you and luffy and takes your hand from luffy's grasp.

Sanji gets on one knee,"How about you and I get married y/n-Swan", he said unusually seriously, with an attractive smirk.

You panicked, looked around for help, he looked serious which caught you off guard. You looked around desperately, but Nami who usually helped you with sanji's flirting was still laughing with the rest of the crew.