Chapter 7

Sairah rolled back on her chair while ruffling through her hair which was loose at her shoulders.

"I don't think that that could be considered a bug. It's good." Jade sat in a seat next to Sairah's. It could not roll like the girl's. She sounded a bit impatient as she spoke. They had spent the whole day fixing the bugs spotted by Joe and his friends during the week and just when they thought it was ready to be tested on someone unfamiliar with games, Sairah had found something that had not been pointed out before. It came up while she had been doing a quick play of the entire game herself with Jade watching over her shoulder. The entire thing looked pretty great and everyone who had tested it said that it was like a professional game made by a studio but this one 'bug' was extremely frustrating to Sairah at the moment.

"It is a bug." Sairah rolled back and pressed play to start the level over after her character had died due to something she considered a flaw. "Doesn't make sense that our MC would get stuck between the floor boards that way. We didn't design it to do that." She was able to get through this time.

"Ah see? That happens in all games. Sometimes things don't play through correctly and stuff happens. We won't get penalized for that and it only happened once." Jade tapped Sairah on the arm.

The older girl exhaled with hands on her head after pausing. "Okay well I hope it won't happen again."

"If it does, it won't be a problem. It'd only occur like once in every sixty plays or something. Maybe even less than that." Jade had never seen Sairah care so much about something. This game is really close to her heart. And she was glad that she could be part of the creation process. She helped Sairah a lot with bringing the story to life.

Sairah's eyes were on her screen as she nodded her head. "Yeah . . . yeah most likely."

Jade was glad that she had calmed down.

Sairah set her hands on her desk and shook her head. "Damn."

Jade cracked a smile. "We're finally finishing things up."

"We're pretty late I'd say. Didn't everyone else turn their shit in already? We got two weeks to bring it in but we're taking the longest." Sairah spun herself around in her seat.

Jade blew a raspberry. Lewis had been keeping tabs on how the other people participating in the contest were doing through a chat on Reddit and so far it seemed as if everyone had submitted their games already. Only a few people had taken as long as two months. Most games had been in from the beginning of January. The software was meant to make creating a game fairly easy but since she and Sairah were doing theirs more or less from scratch with a bit of help from the program, theirs took a lot longer. And we had to do a ton of research and teach ourselves shit we knew nothing about. They really were working from scratch here but Jade was quite impressed with what they had come up with. "I think ours may be one of the only ones in 3D animation so that may also be why it took us so long."

"That 3D shit didn't have to be as hard to maneuver as it was. Like damn." Sairah was massaging her eyeballs. "And somehow you figured it all out." She stopped to smirk at Jade. "Mate, you're brilliant."

"You helped me a ton so I owe most of my success to you." Jade said with pink cheeks.

"I don't know about that." Sairah yawned. "Where's Joe with his sister? I wanna see how a simpleton fairs out at this. It'd be the ultimate test to see if it's playable."

Jade sighed. "Seems like you're not even trying to be mean and that you simply just see Jesy as an idiot."

Sairah blinked at her. "She is."

Jade was about to speak but the speaker on the wall crackled.

"Joe's here." Said the guard.

Sairah hopped to her feet. "Finally."