Chapter 15

Sairah was sitting on Leigh's bed with her sister's head in her lap that night. She rubbed the girl's hip as she looked at her.

"I don't get why you feel so bad about it. The trash sacks from Perrie's school were all over, people were drinking, drinks were being spiked . . ." She listed. "So of course you freaked out. I'm surprised you didn't collapse in the middle of it all." Sairah chuckled. "Who's idea was it for you to go there? That person must be an idiot."

Leigh sighed as she listened to her sister. She had had a bath and was currently in pyjamas. Marcy would be here soon with some tea and cookies. Perrie had told them what happened on their way back after she came in. She'd gone straight to the shower and had gotten under her sheets after she was dressed. Sairah had caught her going to bed without supper so had forced her to talk to her about what had happened. Marcy had come to check in and Sairah had told her that Leigh was going to go to bed without eating. That had worried Marcy so now she was putting something together.

"Jesy was just excited for me to see their crew in action." Leigh said sadly while drawing circles on Sairah's knee. She was happy that her sister was letting her lie on her this way. Sairah only allowed this when she was really sad. Other than that, her sister wasn't about getting affectionate. Not with me anyway. She would sometimes catch Jade's legs in Sairah's lap when they hung out in Sairah's room. Sairah even kissed Jade on the cheek before the girl would leave. But she doesn't wanna touch me I guess. She was not sure why. Maybe she should ask.

"Jesy?" Sairah laughed heartily. "Of course it was her. Just 'cause you can see her again doesn't mean you should. Leigh Jesy's a gross loser. It's okay for your friends to be around her but you shouldn't. She's gonna get you hurt."

Leigh rolled her eyes. "No she won't. She's trying to be better. I told her that I wouldn't want to go back to the warehouse and she simply agreed. I even said that I didn't like how close she was getting when we danced and said that she shouldn't call me nicknames and she laid off. If she was going to hurt me she would have been meaner. I'm not so far gone that I'd set myself up to get hurt." She had mainly said all of this to convince herself of these things.

"Humph." Sairah jutted her lips out. "Stupid people won't learn no matter how hard you try to teach them."

Leigh sat up and frowned. "You're only being mean because you don't like Jesy."

"No I'm being mean because I have common sense. Jesy's an idiot. She's gonna f*ck you up by accident." Sairah folded her arms.

Marcy entered the room with some chocolate tea and a plate full of chocolate chip cookies. "Okay I hope you'll enjoy these Leigh. It's not much but it's better than nothing." She placed it on the girl's bedside table.

"Thanks Mum." Leigh scooted closer to start eating.

Marcy heard what she called her but didn't point it out since Leigh would freak out and hide under her bed.

Sairah saw Marcy's face and snickered.

"Shh." Marcy said quietly.

Sairah put a finger to her lip before turning to her sister. "Jesy's the one who made her go to that party with all the crack heads from her school."

"Sairah." Leigh said in a whining tone with a cookie in hand.

Sairah pointed at the plate. "Take one for me."

"No. You ate already." Marcy told Leigh not to give Sairah any.

Sairah did not like that but she wouldn't argue. "Either way this is Jesy's fault. Let her back in and now Leigh's depressed again."