Chapter 34

When Leigh got home it was around two p.m. Rachel had bought her lunch on their way back so that was why they were kind of late.

"No piano today okay? Just rest." Rachel called to her as she went up the stairs.

"Got it." Leigh-Anne was just happy to be home so she could finally lie down.

She opened the door to her room and started removing her coat but screamed when she saw someone sitting at the edge of her bed.

Perrie was there dressed in her school uniform. Her legs were crossed and she seemed to have been waiting for Leigh with a sombre expression on her face. "Hello . . . Leigh-Anne."

Leigh sighed with relief once she realized that it was just Perrie. "Jeez Perrie you could have warned me that you would be over." She was a bit aggravated by this. "How did you even get in? When did you get in?" She turned to the door.

The blonde one did not flinch. "The guards were the ones who allowed my entry Leigh-Anne. The guards allowed it."

Leigh found her to be speaking in a strange tone. It sounded proper and soft. "W-well . . . why didn't they tell us you'd be here?" Now her voice was softer and her anger faded. She was just curious right now. Curious and achy. Owwy. She brought her coat to her closet and started to remove her restricting jeans. These were not the things to wear when one's body was pulsing with joint pain.

Perrie wanted to remain poised and calmly betrayed but seeing that Leigh was comfortable enough to change in her presence actually softened her mood. Aww. She thought of all that Jesy had said. Grr. "Lee-Lee can I talk to you about something?"

Leigh was pulling on some sweats that were resting on a chair next to her closet. They were grey since she gave up on changing her brand. "Okay." She went to her bed and lay on her front on the other side of the bed.

Perrie sighed as she kicked off her shoes and crossed her legs to face Leigh-Anne.

Leigh was curled up under her covers as she looked at Perrie. "What is it Perrie?"

Perrie did not know how to say this. You know what? No shame, no nothing. "You went skinny dipping with Jesy and let her nearly have sex with you at the back of Sairah's party. What is up with that? Was it all part of your rebranding thing or were you just not thinking straight? Do you like her or not? L-Leigh I know that we haven't made anything official but babe . . . Leigh-Anne . . . her?? Jesy?? She barely even knows anything about boundaries. She hurts people without knowing and I am certain that deep down she still holds resentment towards you just for existing. If she's attracted to you then it's just 'cause everyone likes you and she wants to have what everyone wants so she can show you off like you're some kind of prize. Leigh, Jesy . . . I can't read her mind but I just know that her intentions aren't good babe. I know it. And I don't know if it was manipulation on her part or if you actually like her but I'm just gonna say that finding all of that out from her really, really hurt me because I love you so much and I waited for you and respected you and I know it doesn't mean that you owe me anything but it feels weird that after you kissed me and we've been getting so close and I've been learning more and more about you to be the best partner for you that you would just go behind my back and f*ck Jesy like that when she doesn't care half as much as I do. Jesy? Where did that come from Leigh? I know that you liked her but she-but she . . . she's changing yes, but she . . ." Perrie started crying.

Leigh-Anne sat up more and more as Perrie spoke.

Perrie wasn't saying anything anymore. Just weeping into her hands. Her sobs sounded like a child's.

Leigh's eyes widened at this. Had she ever seen Perrie cry before?

Perrie cooled down and looked at her. "You trust her so much and I don't even know how she earned it. What did she do to earn your trust because all I've seen when you've been around her is her ignoring the boundaries you set to get all over you and invade your body and say hurtful things and . . . why would you want to be with somebody like that? Do you like the danger like she said? Is it because the rest of us care about you? You don't like being around people who care? You'd rather be with someone who doesn't care and who could potentially hurt you? You don't like yourself Leigh-Anne? I don't understand for the life of me." She sounded as baffled as she felt.