Chapter 3

Leigh-Anne was walking Kyro once she had finished her schooling and sessions for the day.

Kyro seemed extremely happy for a chance to stretch his puppy legs after spending so much time inside. Since Leigh-Anne had been down, Marcy had been walking him in the mornings and once he came back inside, he would not be interested in playing with any of his toys. Instead he would go lie next to Leigh wherever she was. It seemed that he was mirroring how she felt and also trying to provide comfort in her time of need.

"Whenever you're ready we can go back." One of the guards was accompanying her since she had said she needed a 'long' walk. She had seemed to have wanted to travel far so he'd decided to come along in case anything happened. Marcy always kept them updated on how Leigh-Anne was doing. Right now she was very depressed so they needed to be vigilant. They were walking around the neighbourhood at the moment, off of Marcy's compound.

Leigh nodded in response to what he said. She was not sure how long she would be out here but she just felt like getting out of the house. She did prefer being homeschooled over going out and being with other people but sometimes she felt isolated. She needed this. Just some time out of the house.

The girl looked at her puppy as he stopped to sniff some hedges next to someone's house.

Kyro ended up biting one of the leaves and ripping it off.

Leigh-Anne was not sure if it was okay for him to do that. It's just one leaf. But she would allow him to move along so he wouldn't destroy anything else.

They went down a little bit further and it seemed that Kyro wanted to run. Leigh would allow him to but that would mean that she would have to run too and she did not feel like doing anything like that.

Kyro ended up attempting to run anyway and he pulled her forward in the process. "Kyro. No." Leigh said softly.

But the puppy persisted.

Leigh-Anne ended up jogging after him since she didn't want to strain him in his harness by staying back.

That seemed to make him happy. At least one of us is. She was able to smile just a little bit as the puppy skipped along the pavement.

Her smile dimmed as she thought of Perrie. You won't wait on me forever will you? The whole Jade being into her sister thing was sort of tricky because she did not know how she felt. She had discussed it lightly with Dr Jung but not in depth. It was kind of embarrassing that she was jealous of Sairah for having Jade who was a lot of Leigh's firsts. She was angry at herself for being jealous because it wasn't right to feel that way but she really could not help it. What if Jade ends up wanting to spend time with her over me? And Sairah was clearly more comfortable opening up to Jade than her. Because I can't handle anything. Sairah finally told her all that she had been hiding and now Leigh was a mess. She wished she wasn't like that but it was just how she was. Why was she like this? Was she too sensitive? No one ever used that term with her but she was beginning to think that she really wasn't cut out for this world. She couldn't go to school, she couldn't see certain people and she couldn't provide a shoulder for her sister to cry on when things were hard. What kind of person was she? How would she function in the real world? She was lucky that so many people were looking out for her now but what about later?

Leigh's lower lip quivered as she remembered the news of how her mom died. I couldn't even be a good daughter. She had been very young but most of her memories included her mother confiding in her for something. The woman had been asking if she would grow up and start hurting her too while she brushed her hair. Her mom had asked her to help with an abortion because she was afraid of her dad finding out she was pregnant.