Chapter 49

On Monday, Jesy was thinking.

" . . . so I told her; you gotta get outta bed to get outta your head." Perrie delivered the punchline of a joke that made no sense.

Jungkook clapped and laughed. "I-it's funny because she said-"

"If you have to explain it then it ain't funny." Princeton said dryly. "Perrie why did you do that?"

"Tryna make us lose our appetites or what?" Ray Ray was cringing at her.

Perrie giggled. "It's part of my revival project. I'm exploring hobbies. And one of them happens to be standup."

"That didn't sound like a joke that would be delivered during a standup show though. You know why? 'Cause it wasn't a joke." Jade's eyes were dull as she said this.

Perrie scowled. "Well Jade I'd like to hear you give a better joke."

"Oo! Oo! It's the battle of the jokes. Battle of the jokes!" Jungkook was saying this loudly.

"Did you guys really think you'd still be relevant this school year?" Someone said.

Jade laughed at what Jungkook had said. "I'd take on that challenge but I don't want to annihilate Perrie and her dreams."

Perrie's face froze by Jade's rudeness.

"Ooo." Princeton, Jungkook and Ray Ray wanted to see how this would go.

The person who had spoken to them was sitting at a table next to theirs.

One of his friends tapped his shoulder. "I don't think they heard you." He whispered.

The guy frowned. "Did you guys really think-"

" . . . turned out it'd been in her pocket all along." Jade just finished an epic joke that had the table dying.

Jesy happened to hear it despite her deep thought. She cracked a smile. "That was a funny story for real."

"Thank you." Jade smirked at Perrie.

"I have a response to th-" Perrie got cut off by someone from a table across from them.

"Perrie people are eating up those videos on your angel model Instagram!" A girl got up and ran to them. Two others followed her.

The guy who had been trying to diss them seemed confused.

"Ah?" Perrie got a phone shoved in her face. "The D's Angels IG and YouTube pages are giving me the content I need as an Angel stan?" This looked like a post on Twitter. There was a meme attached to it that was Perrie's face looking loved up and happy.

"Looks like you and your famous model friends had a good time while you were in Los Angeles. I thought my little cousin was stupid and annoying to send some of the videos to me but this stuff is so fun. Makes you seem lovable and cool you know?" The girl laughed with her friends.

"I'm not one for 'stanning' people but I like the stuff so far. I like it a lot." One of her friends said with a nod. "And if old folks like us like it, imagine how your target demographic feels." She grinned.

Jade snorted. "Did your mam think that little girls would be the most interested in her little model group when she put yous together?" She nudged Perrie.

Perrie still wanted to tell her joke but this was in the way. "I don't know. I think she just wanted girls to feel represented. You know, since we're so diverse?"

Jesy rolled her eyes. Feels like I have to be constantly reminded of how famous Perrie is everyday. But she would let it go. She had to. It made no sense to hold on to such things. "As long as you're loved right?"