Chapter 53

Leigh-Anne was practicing her lines in her room that night.

"He was Chloe's dad all along? I thought he was the janitor. Why does he walk around with a mop???" She said in her mirror.

She stopped and scratched her head. "Mmm no that's not right." She tried again but with a calmer tone. "Wait . . . he was Chloe's dad all along? I-I thought he was the janitor. Why does he walk around with a bloody mop?" She was in front of her mirror and Kyro was next to her, watching.

Leigh got out of character to consider how that sounded. "Mmm . . . how about. That's Chloe's dad? Trey I thought he was the janitor! Why does he walk around with a mo-ho-ho-hop!" She got whiney by the end. "I'm not sure if I'm making it funny enough. That's meant to be one of the funniest lines in the scene! Ugh!" She covered her face with the script.

Kyro barked.

Leigh-Anne looked down at him. "Which did you like the most Ky?" She turned to her plushies who were lined up on her bed. They were her audience. "You lot can give me your input too. Which was funniest?"

Nemo, BMO and Rocco just sat there because they were plush toys who could not talk.

But Leigh took in what they didn't say. "Mm yeah. I definitely should wait for what the directors and writers say once we start rehearsing for this episode." She blew a raspberry. "Everything written here may be subject to change anyway." She shrugged. "But there's actually a scene where Christel's supposed to try to act cool and fail miserably." She shook her head. "It won't fit for me though 'cause by now I've perfected my bounce." She set her script down on her bed and started doing her Sairah walk in front of her toys and her dog. "Who's bad?" She folded her arms by the time she was done.

Kyro looked away.

Leigh wondered what that meant.

"Leigh? You in there?" Sairah was knocking on her door.

Leigh-Anne skipped to answer it. "Hi Sairah."

"Hey,"

"How's your little workshop thingy going?" Leigh knew about Sairah and Jade's project to start their own game making company. Sairah had told her about it and she thought that it was the best idea ever. Jade could really help out her friends through this. They're all in a room at a different wing of the house. She had not seen Jade since she came in. I've got to get used to her being here though. She brushed a finger against the side of her door.

"Oh you know it's good. Everyone's interested and Jade's patient enough to answer questions. I'm not that patient though. After a while I get frustrated." Sairah tried to peep into Leigh's room. "What are you doing? Having a tea party? Why are all the toys sitting in a line like that?"

Leigh pushed Sairah out and closed her door behind her. "I was practicing." She mumbled.

Sairah didn't get why she closed the door. "Practicing what?"

"My lines for the show. They wrote tons of potential scripts with lines where my character has to be funny so I was practicing my delivery." Leigh-Anne shrugged.

Sairah smiled. "Try one in front of me and I'll tell you if it's funny or not."

Leigh shook her head.

Sairah frowned. "What? Why?"

"It'd be weird and you're also probably not the best person to practice on since your sense of humour is abnormal."

Sairah folded her arms. "Abnormal? How?"

"Most of the stuff you think is funny is just mean. Most people like goofy humour or wit, sarcasm." Leigh-Anne explained.